Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

Reading the paper on this, there is mention of 13 deaths in a year in the unit being suspicious. What kind of mortality rate in these kind of units is considered not suspicious? In other words, what would be a ‘normal’ number of deaths in a year?

Also more generally for hospitals and/or health authorities, is there published available data on the differences in death rates?

Reading the paper on this, there is mention of 13 deaths in a year in the unit being suspicious. What kind of mortality rate in these kind of units is considered not suspicious? In other words, what would be a ‘normal’ number of deaths in a year?

Also more generally for hospitals and/or health authorities, is there published available data on the differences in death rates?

Three per year I think I read was the norm at Chester.

Three per year I think I read was the norm at Chester.
Ok, thanks for that. Would have been useful context if they had included that figure in the reports too. Three is of course 3 too many, and of course circumstances are different in every case, but for the reader/viewer it would illustrate just how ‘beyond extraordinary’ that figure of 13 was.

Last edited:
No.
I would kick fuck out of one if the opportunity presented its self.
I get the vibe your a do gooding tree hugger

Can you point to the post in this thread where I've expressed sympathy with Letby or a rapist in another?

You can apologise by PM if you are too embarrassed to do it publicly.

Lessons have been learned already so no need to make a fuss about everything.

After the verdict, Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust said it was "extremely sorry" the crimes happened in its hospital and it had since made "significant changes" to their services.

As it stands, the inquiry looking at the crimes will not have the power to compel witnesses to give evidence.
Conservative MP Steve Brine said some "may not be so willing" to cooperate.

Backs being covered are more important it seems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.