Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

Is there a possibility that the bosses who ignored the warnings are charged with manslaughter?
I suspect there isn't but it would sharpen other hospital bosses' thinking if something similar ever arises again.

Munchausen by proxy maybe?
My thoughts too. But I think it’s more complex than that. She doesn’t strike me as a typical murderer; seems like a bit of a no mark sad sack with nothing interesting going on it her life. The power and attention she received appears to be a motivating factor…she became ‘relevant’.

I was surprised the defence didn’t try and make a case for mental instability, diminished responsibility……she might have got somewhere with that.

Is there a possibility that the bosses who ignored the warnings are charged with manslaughter?
I suspect there isn't but it would sharpen other hospital bosses' thinking if something similar ever arises again.
No, obviously. But hope they are subject to robust internal disciplinary action which in the fullness of time may result in dismall if they were grossly misconcundtive

My thoughts too. But I think it’s more complex than that. She doesn’t strike me as a typical murderer; seems like a bit of a no mark sad sack with nothing interesting going on it her life. The power and attention she received appears to be a motivating factor…she became ‘relevant’.

I was surprised the defence didn’t try and make a case for mental instability, diminished responsibility……she might have got somewhere with that.

This is all the opinion of a lay person, not an expert.

I don't think she would have met the threshold. She doesn't seem to have been mentally unstable just an overindulged and Molly coddled only child with NSPD. Maybe BPD or elements of both. A sad pathetic person who felt the world revolved around them and could only ever feign care for others.

As I understand it personality disorders generally aren't enough for a successful claim of DM anyway.

To claim those defences she'd have had to admitted to wrong doing. Which she never has and in all likelihood never will.
If you ignore clients instructions you can get yourself struck off from the profession.

Last edited:
Her defence was she didn’t do it. On that basis a defence of diminished responsibility couldn’t apply. You can ultimately only act on instructions.

She is a murdering scummy twat her knew exactly what she was doing then afterwards took great joy in comforting the parents, insane NO evil bastard YES

She is a murdering scummy twat her knew exactly what she was doing then afterwards took great joy in comforting the parents, insane NO evil bastard YES
Don’t they say psychopaths have a conscience yet sociopaths don’t? Looking forwards to any psychological report nevertheless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.