Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

The stats are clear in terms of mortality rates pre and post Letby.. Have no doubt guilty and will have her comeuppance. Watch the Panorama show and I actually know someone who worked with her. People say she was a good nurse. A good family, normal upbringing. What I do can not see is what makes someone do that. I am not making excuses but something made her behave that way, nature, nurture, not a clue. But she does not come acrosss as the typical mass murderer and in fact am not making excuses as she has what she deserved. More a question of why the fuck does someone do it ?? Not sure will get the answer. In truth asssited on a certain blonde murderer having a hysterectomy..trust me..she looked evil.

I'm sure I read somewhere, it might have been after the Shipman case, that some people have what psychiatrists call a God complex. A lot of doctors and nurses literally have the power of life and death in their hands. 99% of the time that power is used for good but for the 1%, or less, like Shipman and the like it's used badly. For them it's the thrill of deciding who lives or dies.

The stats are clear in terms of mortality rates pre and post Letby.. Have no doubt guilty and will have her comeuppance. Watch the Panorama show and I actually know someone who worked with her. People say she was a good nurse. A good family, normal upbringing. What I do can not see is what makes someone do that. I am not making excuses but something made her behave that way, nature, nurture, not a clue. But she does not come acrosss as the typical mass murderer and in fact am not making excuses as she has what she deserved. More a question of why the fuck does someone do it ?? Not sure will get the answer. In truth asssited on a certain blonde murderer having a hysterectomy..trust me..she looked evil.
Just got a gut feeling it had something to do with her infatuation for one of the doctors. The only time she got emotional in court was when questioned about him.

I'm sure I read somewhere, it might have been after the Shipman case, that some people have what psychiatrists call a God complex. A lot of doctors and nurses literally have the power of life and death in their hands. 99% of the time that power is used for good but for the 1%, or less, like Shipman and the like it's used badly. For them it's the thrill of deciding who lives or dies.
That's exactly right. She was trusted implicitly by all around her. She controlled the environment. Had she stopped earlier, she wouldn't have been caught, but, she took her power for granted and got careless as time went on, and forgot to watch her back. Retaining records at her home - trophies - was a stupid mistake.
Perhaps in the end, such people with a feeling of God-power - the God complex - need to go on until they are caught so someone can work out just how clever they've been; they 'get off'' on that as well as the control over everyone affected by their actions.
To me, it's an extreme mental sickness - as well as evil. I suspect that more skeletons will be uncovered and the enquiry will find that she can be linked as the common denominator in many other deaths and near deaths which have caused long term damage. And all this will be very very expensive in damages (astronomical - paying for parent's mental ill health consequences; care costs for life for damaged babies, etc) - to everyone affected as, ultimately, the NHS will be liable for all her actions whilst in their employment

Just got a gut feeling it had something to do with her infatuation for one of the doctors. The only time she got emotional in court was when questioned about him.
I think the same particularly to begin with. But then I think she got a buzz from the grief and pain of the families.

I don't understand why they can't just drag the offender to the dock to hear the sentence. They have the powers now, they force them into the cell , they can force them out. As a country we worry way too much about crap like this and the rights of offenders. Literally no one cares about the rights of murderers.
You don't understand because you've never undertaken a cell extraction. And without sounding 'woke', offenders do have rights.

Should she have been present in court? Of course. Can we make offenders? No. This is just populist nonsense. What next, referendum on hanging?

You don't understand because you've never undertaken a cell extraction. And without sounding 'woke', offenders do have rights.

Should she have been present in court? Of course. Can we make offenders? No. This is just populist nonsense. What next, referendum on hanging?
Probably worth saying that you’re a retired ex copper, I think, for context.

Re your question, there’s already been a thread started on it. :-(

I take it you have then? Honest question, if an offender doesn't want to go in a cell, what do you do then? Say OK it's your right not to? Same applies to removing someone surely. What's the difference?

As for your populist nonsense put down and silly hanging remark, I know it grieves some people who feel their opinion should override that of others and that the will of the masses should not be taken into account but that's how democracy should work im afraid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.