Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

Yes, you can alter the law so that prisoners are compelled to attend sentencing. I fully support that-and with that an increase in sentence should they fail to do so.

And there will be plenty of times when gentle 'encouragement'-arm entanglement etc will be appropriate. But in extreme circumstances its just not appropriate or safe for all involved.

I don't think we are miles apart in our views-I just see the practicalities of doing it.
Yes I agree. Wasn't aware of the practicalities. I imagine Letby wouldn't be too much of an issue tho.

Yes I agree. Wasn't aware of the practicalities. I imagine Letby wouldn't be too much of an issue tho.
Possibly not-but hard to know without full knowledge. She may have been an extreme self-harm risk for example.

Forcibly restraining somebody cannot be a good look for anyone and I'm not sure it would help the victims' families tbh or benefit the court.

Possibly not-but hard to know without full knowledge. She may have been an extreme self-harm risk for example.

Forcibly restraining somebody cannot be a good look for anyone and I'm not sure it would help the victims' families tbh or benefit the court.
Fair enough, thank you for the reponses. I'm much more aware of the issues people in this work face.

Shame the media and jounalists don't examine these issues in more detail.

Fair enough, thank you for the reponses. I'm much more aware of the issues people in this work face.

Shame the media and jounalists don't examine these issues in more detail.
I don't think most people understand the level of violence you are exposed to-and I think if it were something that was seen in a courtroom people would be shocked.

A change in law so that there was the extra jeopardy of an increased sentence would persuade many-but as I said yesterday it doesn't really affect a whole life sentence.

As for the media/politicians-they wouldn't be the ones enforcing it. Very easy for them to sound tough.

Just got a gut feeling it had something to do with her infatuation for one of the doctors. The only time she got emotional in court was when questioned about him.

Small part I reckon.
She simply got a huge buzz/thrill about killing babies and watching the reaction from the aggrieved parents etc.
Very warped but there’s always going to be a psycho **** out there every now and then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.