Luis Suarez

We had a chance to sign him but Mancini and his scout team decided to buy Dzeko.

There are two ways this could possibly happen.

1. If Suarez has a release clause built into his new contract. Right now, £60m-£80m would be value in the post-Bale and Neymar market. If there is no exit clause that can bypass negotiations with Liverpool, who will have Champions League football, this is close to impossible.

2. If City sell 2 of Dzeko/Negredo/Jovetic, raising funds but also for squad balance purpose. Aguero and Suarez, like Messi, are not players you can bench regularly, so the #3/#4 strikers would see less minutes unless Aguero remains a crock. #4 would have to become a striker with a more modest profile.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
True or not..I've got the scouser in work proper wound up about it

Scouser: you can't afford him

Me: We could buy Uruguay if we wanted

There isn't a player on the planet that is worth having who we couldn't afford! Only Platini's FFPR stops us hooverin' up the creme de la creme! Mind, the cream we have at the moment isn't three bad. And none of 'em take a 'tumble'. Well, perhaps Jovvers has had a go but he would have been educated by now!! Shows people's complete lack of understanding to come up with 'Yer can't afford him' nonsense.

LoveCity said:

1. If Suarez has a release clause built into his new contract. Right now, £60m-£80m would be value in the post-Bale and Neymar market. If there is no exit clause that can bypass negotiations with Liverpool, who will have Champions League football, this is close to impossible.

2. If City sell 2 of Dzeko/Negredo/Jovetic, raising funds but also for squad balance purpose. Aguero and Suarez, like Messi, are not players you can bench regularly, so the #3/#4 strikers would see less minutes unless Aguero remains a crock. #4 would have to become a striker with a more modest profile.
I think he has a new release clause and Suarez's agent will have made sure that Txiki and every other DoF and manager out there know of it!
Even if Liverpool get CL there is no guarantee he will stay.

I think Dzeko is as good as gone but I don't see why having Suarez and Aguero as the main partnership with Negredo rotating won't work.

Jovetic can always play up front if we have an injury crisis but I see him more fighting Nasri and Silva for a place as he isn't an orthodox striker.

CTID101 said:
LoveCity said:

I think he has a new release clause and Suarez's agent will have made sure that Txiki and every other DoF and manager out there know of it!
Even if Liverpool get CL there is no guarantee he will stay.

I think Dzeko is as good as gone but I don't see why having Suarez and Aguero as the main partnership with Negredo rotating won't work.

Jovetic can always play up front if we have an injury crisis but I see him more fighting Nasri and Silva for a place as he isn't an orthodox striker.

Think our strikers next year will be Aguero, Negredo and one other, like you say with Jovetic playing in rotation with Nasri , Silva and the strikers if needed.
Don't know who the other striker would be but I think Messi ( however unlikely that is ) would be more likely than Suarez. If he left Liverpool I don't think the player would be looking to an English club or that the club would want him staying in England,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.