Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricky_Trev said:
Some people are forgetting the fact that we are in DESPERATE need of some quality English players. Is Lescott's future here? no. Is Richards? Unlikely unless he improves and becomes less injury prone. Is Barry's? No. Is Rodwell's? Probably yes, because nobody will take him off us, but he's perma-injured so what's the point of him? There is no point.

So who are our home grown players going to be? Unless we want to be only allowed a squad of about 21 or 22 players, we need to be on the look out, and signing, the very best English young players.

I'd have Luke Shaw and Ross Barkley right at the top of my list. If Arsenal weren't doing so good in the league this year, i'd also go for Wilshere.

We need to be after these kind of players. Players that will be good enough to remain in our squad for many, many years. No more Scott Sinclair's please.

Home grown players don't have to be English. Just in the country by thier 19th birthday. We have talented players in the academy that hopefully will fill that bill like Guidetti, Lopes etc.. We don't need to blow our entire transfer budget on 1 average player just because he's English.

Mr. Aguia said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Some people are forgetting the fact that we are in DESPERATE need of some quality English players. Is Lescott's future here? no. Is Richards? Unlikely unless he improves and becomes less injury prone. Is Barry's? No. Is Rodwell's? Probably yes, because nobody will take him off us, but he's perma-injured so what's the point of him? There is no point.

So who are our home grown players going to be? Unless we want to be only allowed a squad of about 21 or 22 players, we need to be on the look out, and signing, the very best English young players.

I'd have Luke Shaw and Ross Barkley right at the top of my list. If Arsenal weren't doing so good in the league this year, i'd also go for Wilshere.

We need to be after these kind of players. Players that will be good enough to remain in our squad for many, many years. No more Scott Sinclair's please.

Home grown players don't have to be English. Just in the country by thier 19th birthday. We have talented players in the academy that hopefully will fill that bill like Guidetti, Lopes etc.. We don't need to blow our entire transfer budget on 1 average player just because he's English.
Yea not citys fault that english players are shit

Can't we pleaseeeeee sign some English players..... I have never been so proud as the day when 8 of the England 11 on the pitch were City players.
I know quality is low out there so it makes it tough, but good grief, I just want to have that feeling of City/National Pride at the same time again; we are looking like the best team in England again now, I'd give anything to be the holders of the England National team backbone as well, it just makes me feel all patriotic and warm inside! :)

Mr. Aguia said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Are we forgetting who are owners are? 30M is pennies, and FFP blah blah well easily reach it still

Well if Southampton's chairman pisses off in the summer as rumoured which means their manager would also quit then it would be open season for their players this summer.

misterbat said:
Can't we pleaseeeeee sign some English players..... I have never been so proud as the day when 8 of the England 11 on the pitch were City players.
I know quality is low out there so it makes it tough, but good grief, I just want to have that feeling of City/National Pride at the same time again; we are looking like the best team in England again now, I'd give anything to be the holders of the England National team backbone as well, it just makes me feel all patriotic and warm inside! :)

Just for the record, we've never had 8 City players in the same England team. In fact the record for most players from any one club is 7. We only had six that day.

Falastur said:
misterbat said:

Just for the record, we've never had 8 City players in the same England team. In fact the record for most players from any one club is 7. We only had six that day.

The ref and one of the linesman played for us too, according to some Geordie pundits.

Interesting that Cortese has tendered his resignation - got to be related to transfers otherwise why would he quit when he appointed Pochetino and they're doing so well.

Mr. Aguia said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Before their 18th birthday isnt it? Got to be in the country for 36 months before their 21st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.