Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Interesting that Cortese has tendered his resignation - got to be related to transfers otherwise why would he quit when he appointed Pochetino and they're doing so well.
It's not transfer related, isn't it because the woman who owns the club wants to sell it? She's the daughter of the guy who bought it but inherited it when he died, apparently she knows nothing about football and couldn't care less. You'd imagine if you were trying to sell a club then you probably wouldn't strip it's assets first?

So they owner's wants to sell the club. Interesting...

Shame in a way, as I really like the club, Pohettino's style and have met nothing but decent fans over the years.

But... this is the right opportunity to go in for Shaw and Clyne. Anyone else in their sqaud who could be of interest to us?

Matt the Giant said:

Shame in a way, as I really like the club, Pohettino's style and have met nothing but decent fans over the years.

But... this is the right opportunity to go in for Shaw and Clyne. Anyone else in their sqaud who could be of interest to us?

How are players values calculated into the value of a club. I would presume its based on amortisation but in that case what happens to homegrown players? The value of the contract? Or pure conjecture. I mean if the owner wants to sell how will they factor how much Shaw is worth?

Given that he is young and Enlish it would be better for them to sell at a high price now before selling?

johnmc said:
Matt the Giant said:

How are players values calculated into the value of a club. I would presume its based on amortisation but in that case what happens to homegrown players? The value of the contract? Or pure conjecture. I mean if the owner wants to sell how will they factor how much Shaw is worth?

Given that he is young and Enlish it would be better for them to sell at a high price now before selling?
Most likely it would, as City/Chelsea would presumably put a higher value on Luke Shaw than a prospective buyer would.

I still think he's nailed on to Chelsea unless something besides that Daily Mail article makes us think otherwise.

a load of pages on Shaw because of a Daily Mail article?! DM is known far and wide as absolute sh1te.

They will sell him before they sell the club. The club will be sold once next years EPL status has been secured and that is likely with, or without Shaw. So pocketing £25 million, makes good sense, as the sale value is going to be based on that lovely money from the TV deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.