Luke shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaineRoadBlue said:
Deary me! 40 games for Southampton, no goals to date and nothing better than an average performance yesterday, and some people want to spend fortune on this fella.

Not for me thanks, there has to be better for the kind of cash they want elsewhere. After all, he is just a full back.

Keep off the FIFA lads; real world please!

A very poor attempt at a wum.

Kun Aguero said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Deary me! 40 games for Southampton, no goals to date and nothing better than an average performance yesterday, and some people want to spend fortune on this fella.

Not for me thanks, there has to be better for the kind of cash they want elsewhere. After all, he is just a full back.

Because Ashley Cole's a goal machine.

Even Kolorov offers occasional goals and set piece potential.

I just don't get it, so to help me get it, someone on here give me specific instances of any game this player has so single handedly changed that we must buy him?

This is not a WUM, please step forward and enlighten me!

He has undoubted potential but I would give him another couple of seasons at Southampton before signing him.

Ray78 said:
He has undoubted potential but I would give him another couple of seasons at Southampton before signing him.

I'd be surprised if he is there that long. Good season now and Chelsea could finally bite the bullet.

It's one of the positions I think we should be targeting to improve. Whether Shaw is the answer I don't know, not seen enough of him. If we could merge Kolarov and clichy or there is such a version about that's what we should be looking at.

Clichy is (usually) the more dependable defending. But offers little or nothing past half way. Kolarov does create goals, scores a couple but doesn't fill me with confidence at the back. If you look at Zabba he defends as well as clichy and does offer something going forward although not as good a delivery as Kolorov.

Another Zab would be perfect though.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Kun Aguero said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

I just don't get it, so to help me get it, someone on here give me specific instances of any game this player has so single handedly changed that we must buy him?

He's young, English, Quick, has pace, is fast, can read the game well, can cross the ball, already one of the best left backs in the Premiership and only going to get better.

adrianr said:
Ray78 said:

I'd be surprised if he is there that long. Good season now and Chelsea could finally bite the bullet.

Still huge pressure on the lad if he did move to either us or Chelsea and at the moment there is not much at Southampton. Don't get me wrong left back is a position we should be targeting but not place all our hopes on 18 year old imho.

When he does move, it will be Chelsea, because that's who he supports. Ashley Cole will need replacing in a year or two, so it's perfect timing for Shaw.

Kun Aguero said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Kun Aguero said:

He's young, English, Quick, has pace, is fast, can read the game well, can cross the ball, already one of the best left backs in the Premiership and only going to get better.

Nationality is largely irrelevant and being English will only increase the price.

'Quick, has pace and is fast' - So is Clichy, Good hype, but are those not all the same?

'Can read the game' - Complete subjective nonsense of course! Who said he is any better at 'Reading the Game' than any other Full-Back available?

'Can cross' - Better than Kolorov who is without doubt the best striker of a cross at City?

'Already one of the best' - Evidence, the thing I have asked for, where is it?

'Only going to get better' - Older agreed, Better can you be certain?

So, in short, fuck all hard evidence, just personal opinion which my personal opinion tells me is overhyped subjective shite!

Same question again to everyone else; Show me the factual evidence or answer these questions from me?

Can he take free kicks better than Baines, is he a better player than Coentrao or does he score as many goals with his head as Evra? Of course the answer your looking for is 'No' and until the answer to that question is 'Yes' then I suggest we let some other club spend their cash whilst taking a punt on a young lad that is clearly lot to prove.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Kun Aguero said:
MaineRoadBlue said:

Nationality is largely irrelevant and being English will only increase the price.

'Quick, has pace and is fast' - So is Clichy, Good hype, but are those not all the same?

'Can read the game' - Complete subjective nonsense of course! Who said he is any better at 'Reading the Game' than any other Full-Back available?

'Can cross' - Better than Kolorov who is without doubt the best striker of a cross at City?

'Already one of the best' - Evidence, the thing I have asked for, where is it?

'Only going to get better' - Older agreed, Better can you be certain?

So, in short, fuck all hard evidence, just personal opinion which my personal opinion tells me is overhyped subjective shite!

Same question again to everyone else; Show me the factual evidence or answer these questions from me?

Can he take free kicks better than Baines, is he a better player than Coentrao or does he score as many goals with his head as Evra? Of course the answer your looking for is 'No' and until the answer to that question is 'Yes' then I suggest we let some other club spend their cash whilst taking a punt on a young lad that is clearly lot to prove.

If we showed you a ton of highlight footage then it would be labeled as only showing he positives, too be honest everything is subjective.

The evidence is that many share the opinions that have been placed in this thread before your comments.

He's played a lot of meaningful prem games at a very young age, that is hard evidence that he is a special talent even if Southampton is just a top half club.

Look at the recent history of players who have come out of that team and were picked up by other clubs, didn't play as much when they first made the step up but continue to grew to the household names we know now. Bale, Walcott, Ox Chamberlin, pundits are placing Shaw in that group and if we were to be in for him he could add better crosses training with Kola or use his pace effectively training with Clichy and help build a foundation of a younger back four so we don't have to spend in a key position.

Our back four isn't getting any younger so it's now time to start looking at the future with Rekik, Nas, possibly adding Shaw and maybe Richards regains form as he is still relatively young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.