Luton Town (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Not to be a mad arse on a Monday but how was it undeserved? It was a combination of not getting out to the crosser and not defending the header-- as well as it being a really solid cross and finish. Saying it's undeserved implies it was 100% undefendable (fluke ricochet) and takes credit away from the scoring team whilst taking any responsibility off of us from doing more to prevent it.
HM is surely referring to the fact that the goal was completely against the run of play after we dominated the first half, and not the execution of the goal itself..?

Not to be a mad arse on a Monday but how was it undeserved? It was a combination of not getting out to the crosser and not defending the header-- as well as it being a really solid cross and finish. Saying it's undeserved implies it was 100% undefendable (fluke ricochet) and takes credit away from the scoring team whilst taking any responsibility off of us from doing more to prevent it.
The goal wasn’t undeserved but the score line was. That goal should have made it 1-4

Who had also assaulted Walker before our goal. The ref didn't allow advantage, he simply failed to give a foul. Whilst it worked in our favour, it wasn't because the whistling wanker got it right. Terrible ref.
I think the ref did play advantage for Brown’s foul on Walker, as the linesman was waving his flag furiously.

None of that negates the incompetence of the ref in not sending off Brown for his two-footed, off the ground, “tackle” on Foden, which could have ended his season and career!

I agree with other posters…How does Howard Webb justify that challenge not even being a yellow card, let alone a red?! In the meantime, kick a ball 5 yds away back to where the foul was actually committed and it’s an automatic yellow or, in the case of Rodri, dare challenge a player from the side and catch him!

In complete inconsistency between often reckless and violent challenges and the bullshit “technical” fouls is ridiculous. Players are getting more yellows for the technical stuff than the poor fouls these days, while some players are getting kicked to death and having to constantly play through injuries!

It was undeserved because Luton barely had an attack all half. City were unlucky to go in 1-0 down at HT.

That was pretty much their only chance for the entire game.

The foul was a disgrace. Both feet off the ground and zero control with studs leading. For the life of me I can't understand most of the rules now. Handball, yellow cards, red cards, FOUL THROWS!?, offside, the ball is in/out of play - no one can tell me a legit definition of each now that proves consistent from one week to the next. The VAR replays seem to make no difference. How you look at that tackle on Phil in the VAR room and legitimately go "nothing to penalise ref, play on" is absolutely mental. Not even a yellow!? Every call now is like a coin toss as to whether it's given this week or not. It's a right mess. Worse than using the naked eye. At least before they had the excuse of only seeing it once in real time. The main argument against VAR was it would slow the game down - but the main counter would be that it's a small price to pay for the right decisions. Now they're slowing it down and still getting it wrong. Madness.
Anyway, side tracked there. Performance was ok - obviously I think people expected better from us but we came back from behind and grinded out the 3 points even when clearly not at our best. That's champions stuff.

Absolutely NOTHING in Law 15 to suggest that was a foul throw. The referee just made it up.
Crowd screaming for a foul-throw, who probably haven't read the laws relating to it in 20 years, and a weak (and a little bit compliant) ref buckled.

He initially started the game pretty well IMO, ignoring silly "fouls" where players just fell over under minimal contact, but gave the more "tactical" fouls (often after a very brief check to assess advantage).

Didn't last long though, soon became "affected by the crowd" and started making the popular decisions.
How many does that place hold? 12thousand? The Phil non-red card is as bad an example of a ref making the wrong decision in a scenario like this (stamp foul) as you are ever likely to see.

Still haven't seen our possible penalty assessed or analised properly yet either.

The foul was a disgrace. Both feet off the ground and zero control with studs leading. For the life of me I can't understand most of the rules now. Handball, yellow cards, red cards, FOUL THROWS!?, offside, the ball is in/out of play - no one can tell me a legit definition of each now that proves consistent from one week to the next. The VAR replays seem to make no difference. How you look at that tackle on Phil in the VAR room and legitimately go "nothing to penalise ref, play on" is absolutely mental. Not even a yellow!? Every call now is like a coin toss as to whether it's given this week or not. It's a right mess. Worse than using the naked eye. At least before they had the excuse of only seeing it once in real time. The main argument against VAR was it would slow the game down - but the main counter would be that it's a small price to pay for the right decisions. Now they're slowing it down and still getting it wrong. Madness.
Anyway, side tracked there. Performance was ok - obviously I think people expected better from us but we came back from behind and grinded out the 3 points even when clearly not at our best. That's champions stuff.
It was little old Luton who committed the foul on a big bad City player. The other way round and Foden would've been on his way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.