Luton Town (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

A deserved victory, but something isn't quite right, and we'd have struggled against a better team.

A great cross for their goal, but we wouldn't have conceded if Ederson had been more positive, and suffocated Adebayo's space.

Grealish needed his goal, but we had too many peripheral midfielders, all of them doing just enough without ever dominating. I also sense that Walker is starting to lose his pace.

Kovacic doesn't have any pace so occasionally struggles with being so one-footed, but otherwise I thought he was okay, and despite all the media desperation, Luton didn't actually create many other chances.

Seeing it on TV, the home complaining was VERY visible both audibly and visually given how close the seats are to the pitch. I couldn't believe how much belly-aching there was.

Except for the missed RED card for the spikes on Foden, perhaps so. Not sure what VAR replay the ref saw to not book that. ;-)

Glad you got to enjoy it live, and thanks for representing! Cheers.
TBF, the possible red happened directly in front of us and I didn't realise how bad the challenge was. Soemtimes it definitely depends what angle you have. Seeing replays, it's not wonder Phil was in pain. Given the Luton player jumped into the challenge, I'm not sure how VAR did not see that as a red.

City went 1-0 down (undeservedly) just before HT.
Not to be a mad arse on a Monday but how was it undeserved? It was a combination of not getting out to the crosser and not defending the header-- as well as it being a really solid cross and finish. Saying it's undeserved implies it was 100% undefendable (fluke ricochet) and takes credit away from the scoring team whilst taking any responsibility off of us from doing more to prevent it.

Pleased with the resolve the team showed in the second half. Really difficult fixture, and we came through it.

Another uphill battle against 12 men on the pitch and another 4 off the field, and Pep was absolutely right in having a go at the officiating team as he walked off for HT. 2 BLATANTLY wrong calls in the lead up to their goal - A goal kick which should have been a corner and a nonsensical foul throw call. Those are the kind of things that get in the players heads and absolutely effect the game.

Pep worked his magic in the dressing room and the players stepped up and turned it around despite the best efforts of the referee.

The foul on Foden should have 100% been a red card, but I suspect VAR applied their secret objective in keeping the game competitive by not sending their player off. The media are obviously complicit because neither Sly or the BBC dwelled on it for any length of time, if they even mentioned it at all.

One final point on the Match Day Thread - There were some absolute MUFFINY BARMY comments on how 'shite' certain players are, or how 'Pep is done'. If any of those posters has ever watched us under Pearce they've clearly forgotten it (I wish I could), because THAT was shite football. We're slowly morphing into the Rag's as a fan base, becoming a bunch of entitle mard arses.

14:45 - 15:00 on here yesterday was an eye-opener.

Pleased with the resolve the team showed in the second half. Really difficult fixture, and we came through it.

Another uphill battle against 12 men on the pitch and another 4 off the field, and Pep was absolutely right in having a go at the officiating team as he walked off for HT. 2 BLATANTLY wrong calls in the lead up to their goal - A goal kick which should have been a corner and a nonsensical foul throw call. Those are the kind of things that get in the players heads and absolutely effect the game.

Pep worked his magic in the dressing room and the players stepped up and turned it around despite the best efforts of the referee.

The foul on Foden should have 100% been a red card, but I suspect VAR applied their secret objective in keeping the game competitive by not sending their player off. The media are obviously complicit because neither Sly or the BBC dwelled on it for any length of time, if they even mentioned it at all.

One final point on the Match Day Thread - There were some absolute MUFFINY BARMY comments on how 'shite' certain players are, or how 'Pep is done'. If any of those posters has ever watched us under Pearce they've clearly forgotten it (I wish I could), because THAT was shite football. We're slowly morphing into the Rag's as a fan base, becoming a bunch of entitle mard arses.
People brought up on success tend to behave in that manner.Others like yourself remember the bad old days and would normally be slower to react.
The Match Day Forum can be a bit of an echo chamber and when panic sets in even level headed types can lose it temporarily. I was just thinking myself what a melt down there must have been around 3 o'clock yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.