Luton Town (A) - Sun 10th Dec, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
City and Luton

The two met several times during the 1950/60s.

On one occasion in 1958 the City returning football special ran into the back of another train at Chinley fortunately with no deaths and only 8 injuries.

In many of these matches Trautmann at Luton had a rare difficulty with crosses from. Billy Bingham the Luton winger. I suspected it was because of the low slung, poor quality of the floodlights.

Years later Bingham was NI manager and I sat next to him on a flight from Manchester to Belfast when he confirmed that he flighted his crosses deliberately.

Of course the most famous encounter was the. called off Match after Denis Law had scored 6 for city with the “replay” at Luton ending in a 3-1 City defeat Was at the 1961 first but could not make first but could not make the second. The rags had a replay against Sheffield Wednesday on the evening of the second and lost it 7-2. To give me a little consolation.

��3K�
I think the most famous encounter was the pleat one, kerb krawling kunt

You don't take out your toughest defender and main leader of this team in a game like Luton away, it will be like an old fashioned cup game this Sunday.
Agree. Saw against Arsenal, the are very direct - Akanji is the one i'd take out as hes awful against those teams. Dias, Stones and Rodri can handle the long ball perfectly.

Need to stop fucking about and go back to worker harder than the opposition.

It’s a simple as that.
Yes, one thing that stood out v Arsenal was their effort. Full bore for 90 mins. I'm confident if we start Stones adn Rodri, we can get the opposition chasing the ball again.

Last edited:
Still feel we're winning the league. This feels rough at the moment but let's ride the storm, let Pep and the players figure it out. Come April we'll be hearing 'we can't compete' again.

And if not, so what? A bad season after a treble is forgivable.

Think we'll find a way to beat Luton, though. 1-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.