Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 5 2, to match their formation?

Is Garcia staying? Or is it like Sane starting the community shield?

Pep keeping Lyon guessing right up tot he whistle with that line-up.

Could be any number of formations.

I wonder if that is 3 at the back with Walker and Cencelo as wing backs ?
I think you may be right, it may be an attempt to negate their counterattacking, Pep over thinking again! Although to be fair that is how Lyon play and it has got them this far in the competition.

Looks like a back 5 with Rodri and Gundogan sitting, Kdb in a free role behind sterling and Jesus who will split wide when needed. That’s a lot of responsibility on Kdb to produce the goods today not much inventiveness if he’s not on top form.

It might work but i really dislike him coming up with these big brained ideas in the biggest of games, we’re better than Lyon, play our normal game to a high standard and we win.

Doesn’t say much for Stones and Otamendi when Garcia wants out and still gets in, would have had Stones in there personally regardless.

Not liking that team to be honest. Mendy should be in if its three at the back neither Cancelo (at LB) or Walker are that effective going forwards. Seems slow and negative, Foden deserves to be in and Garcia does not want to be here. Strange one from Pep, I hope its another showcase of genius as opposed to him overthinking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.