Lyon CL QF | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't this lineup the same defensive nature that pundits have been criticising Simeone for against Leipzig. It's only Lyon, the team needs more energy than that

knockout stages he over thinks,complicated instead of letting them play their game,going this defensive takes away our ability to move it quickly when we get the chance,since when do we stack the team defensively and not go with our usual game and let them worry about us ,see spurs away and dippers away he can't help himself
Let's wait and see eh. Pep has embarrassed many pre match poster often enough.

Only thing that makes sense is that Pep is wary about their counter attacking style and wants to be more assured at the back and a tad bit more cautious especially in the first half.

I'm sure we will defend with 3 at the back with Ferna dropping in between Laporte and Garcia.

In attack I can see Gundo playing some F9, dragging their central defender foward with Raz and Gabby on the wings going 1 on 1 with their outside CBs and Kev roaming free. Who really knows though.

Hoping for a nice and calm win.

Well, the upside is that the only situation I would ever see Garcia in a City team is as def mid, in a back 3 or surrounded by deep mids.

The downside is, that this is how Pep has crashed out of the Champions League on several occasions in the past, 'plans'.

Perhaps this one will actually work.

When Foden plays he drives us forward, even the more defensive minded players have to respond to his movement. Bottle of wine number 2 now opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.