Macclesfield FC - Robbie Savage appointed Head Coach (P 14)

I watched the doc at the weekend. Very good.

I loved the insight into what the players wanted at that level. Having agents when you are earning £50 a week - 'you might have to give them a £5' was a good line. They are 3 tiers down from league 2 and Robbie had £350pw for the top earners - that is before any win bonus etc. How do these teams with only a few hundred paying fans pay these rates.

They don’t because they can’t but Macclesfield can as they are getting 3000 a game.

The comment from the bitter old guys at Winsford was pathetic and is real bug bear of mine in football.

The jealousy in football is pathetic.

The puzzling part of this was that they said they used an agency to book all the players for the trials... so I'm not really sure how he could expect them to not have an agent.
I would guess that many of the kids released out of academies have/had a relationship with a professional agency - it would be easy enough for them to send 11 players to a trial and they would not expect 10% of a £50 a week wage. That would be different to a chancer agent who thinks they are Jerry Maguire and i bet there are a few of those about in the lower leagues.

watched it yesterday, enjoyed it.

however the owner lied saying this was his first club.

the owner recently sold stockport town and ground to stockport countys new owners.

stockport town was formed by him and his mates at life leisure and managed to get Stockport Sports (Woodley Sports/Woodley Athletic) booted out of the league and took their ground from them.

As much as it looks good for the fans of Macc, id be worried with Savages constant interference

I think the owner will tire of his attention seeking antics and get rid of him before too long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.