Madeleine McCann

Presumably they need to apply for this additional funding. From the outside there looks like there is a lack of leads and/or new evidence, they have had a load of cash already so I'm not sure what this extra £150k is going to achieve

I obviously have no idea what happened but it all seems very fishy. That said, I couldn't thin of anything worse than my little going going missing, me having nothing to do with it, yet people thinking I did it![/QUOTE]
Agreed...........just for clarity my ''like' doesnt mean like I'm this circumstance (if you know what I mean)

It's been a while since I looked at this case. But what I found damming was that the lead investigator (Goncalo Amaral) was willing to write a book on it, believing that she had died and that the parents covered it up.
I don't know the facts well enough to be sure though as it's been ages since I did any proper research into this case

The mishandling by the local plod combined with the media intrusion and wild conspiracy theorists have killed off any chance of solving this in a traditional investigative way, the only resolution is if whoever was behind it messes up or comes clean.

The mishandling by the local plod combined with the media intrusion and wild conspiracy theorists have killed off any chance of solving this in a traditional investigative way, the only resolution is if whoever was behind it messes up or comes clean.
I really don't understand how conspiracy theorists speculating online hinder a criminal investigation.
I'd argue Kate refusing to answer 48 questions shortly after Madeline's disappearance, asked by the police would probably have a more adverse effect on trying to find out what happened to her
Edit: 48 not 50 questions

Last edited:
The mother of Charlene Downes who went missing aged 14 in 2003 has hit out, rightly in my opinion, about this new lot of funding. She is basically saying why does McCann get it and not her daughter or any other missing child. She also makes the point that McCann did not even go missing in this country. The continued funding of a one cold case is disgraceful when scores of others are simply ignored.

The mother of Charlene Downes who went missing aged 14 in 2003 has hit out, rightly in my opinion, about this new lot of funding. She is basically saying why does McCann get it and not her daughter or any other missing child. She also makes the point that McCann did not even go missing in this country. The continued funding of a one cold case is disgraceful when scores of others are simply ignored.
Bang on. It's 10 years and £11m has been invested into this case with money continually being poured into it.
All I can imagine is that Kate and Gerry have got some friends in high places because that is an incredible amount of money to be put into a single case

This is what separates the McCann case for me. If there wasn’t special treatment given to the McCanns a lot of the conspiracy stuff wouldn’t exist.

Bang on. It's 10 years and £11m has been invested into this case with money continually being poured into it.
All I can imagine is that Kate and Gerry have got some friends in high places because that is an incredible amount of money to be put into a single case

You are right (or must be) about the freinds, I know they recently undertook a new, fruitless, search for Ben Needham but that case was ignored by the British authorities for years and yet the McCanns get miilions. The point the Mother of Charlene is saying is scores of kids go 'missing' in the UK every week and yet they get a mere token report taken by the police, if they believe foul play is suspected they get a murder investigation which closes very quickly. If it is good for one child why not the rest ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.