Madeleine McCann

A slightly more reasoned response than your first one.
No doubt there was a risk and one that was absolutely not worth taking as it turns out.

I've gone beyond the realms of reasoning with these pair.

I'll never understand how someone can fail to grasp that leaving 3 children alone on a family holiday is anything less than shit parenting.

Looks like they could see the apartment to me

Makes no difference what country they were in. And you'll have to show me the evidence of 'previous' that sets Portugal apart as a hotbed of child abductions.
And despite your pious assumptions, i'm a parent and have left my kid sleeping whilst i had a meal 70 yards away. She's now 32.

To be fair, she's probably at an age now when you are ok to leave her...

I'll never understand how someone can fail to grasp that leaving 3 children alone on a family holiday is anything less than shit parenting.

You've not done any reasoning.
And you missed 'on the piss' out of this post.
Found any evidence of Portugal being a hotbed of abduction yet? I'm dying to see it.

This has probably been covered but is there a possibility she wandered off and is now sadly residing at the bottom of a local well?

Quite possibly. I'm guessing they left the patio door open. Not all 7 would have had a key and they were so neglectful anyway, I wouldn't put it past them to have left it unlocked.

Which makes it more than plausible that she just fucked off, although I would like to think somebody would have seen her.

On the assumption of the Mcann's innocence I would imagine that not a day goes by when they don't agree with you.
Having said that I think @Ban-jani was trying to provide a bit of balance to the burn 'em brigade and has rather backed himself into a corner.
I have been racking my brains trying to recall if I was left alone at an early age but can't remember that far back. At best I think it was a laissez faire approach to the safety of the children, "It'll be all right, that sort of thing just doesn't happen". Turn out that it does.
I have no real opinion as to whether they are odd or were covering their tracks. Not sure I could recount or account for all my movements in an hour by hour timeframe without conflicting, much less how I would react if the unthinkable had happened to a child of mine.

You've not done any reasoning.
And you missed 'on the piss' out of this post.
Found any evidence of Portugal being a hotbed of abduction yet? I'm dying to see it.

There is some evidence to suggest it but that's completely irrelevant so let's not try and divert the course of the argument.

You don't leave your children alone no matter the circumstances.

You think that's ok. Good for you. I completely disagree so let's leave it there.

Its simplistic because it's simple. There is no detail to debate.

You don't fucking leave toddlers unattended in a foreign country whilst your on the piss. You deserve everything you get when you do that.

Its shit parenting and it's as simple as that.

They were having a meal. They weren’t “on the piss” which would insinuate they were getting hammered.

It’s rhetoric like that rubbishes serious discussion.

The detail is incredibly important - I’m glad you’re not a copper, you’d be fucking hopeless.

Looks like they could see the apartment to me

Makes no difference what country they were in. And you'll have to show me the evidence of 'previous' that sets Portugal apart as a hotbed of child abductions.
And despite your pious assumptions, i'm a parent and have left my kid sleeping whilst i had a meal 70 yards away. She's now 32.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ne...ses-Algarve-police-of-sex-abuse-cover-up.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...als-high-society-paedophile-ring-2070112.html

https://www.portugalresident.com/2005/11/10/portugal-tops-country-list-for-child-abuse-cases/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...les--disturbing-backcloth-Madeleine-case.html

There was a big paedophile ring uncovered dating back to at least the 1960’s in the Algarve which was described in The Netflix documentary. It said “rich Americans” would fly into the Algarve to access the children.

On the assumption of the Mcann's innocence I would imagine that not a day goes by when they don't agree with you.
Having said that I think @Ban-jani was trying to provide a bit of balance to the burn 'em brigade and has rather backed himself into a corner.
I have been racking my brains trying to recall if I was left alone at an early age but can't remember that far back. At best I think it was a laissez faire approach to the safety of the children, "It'll be all right, that sort of thing just doesn't happen". Turn out that it does.
I have no real opinion as to whether they are odd or were covering their tracks. Not sure I could recount or account for all my movements in an hour by hour timeframe without conflicting, much less how I would react if the unthinkable had happened to a child of mine.

I was left alone on a number of occasions by my parents when I was a child, in a foreign country. So it resonates with me personally. The relationship I had with my father, who was the main culprit, was sketchy at best as a consequence. He was a selfish man out for himself and had more wives than Henry the 8th. I barely seen him growing up.

I have vowed never to treat my own children the same way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.