Madeleine McCann

Here’s my biggest issue with the whole shit show.

If you’re kid went missing, would you let the other two out of your sight? No? Me neither.

Literally no time had passed and they were in different countries to the other two kids while visiting tv shows, the pope etc.

That’s the dagger for me. The only way they leave their other two kids is if they haven’t been psychologically scarred by one of their kids being abducted. I don’t think they acted in line with parents who’ve had a child taken.
That started when Kate left them again to run back to the tapas bar when she discovered Maddie missing. The abductor could’ve potentially still been in the apartment?

On the assumption of the Mcann's innocence I would imagine that not a day goes by when they don't agree with you.
Having said that I think @Ban-jani was trying to provide a bit of balance to the burn 'em brigade and has rather backed himself into a corner.
I have been racking my brains trying to recall if I was left alone at an early age but can't remember that far back. At best I think it was a laissez faire approach to the safety of the children, "It'll be all right, that sort of thing just doesn't happen". Turn out that it does.
I have no real opinion as to whether they are odd or were covering their tracks. Not sure I could recount or account for all my movements in an hour by hour timeframe without conflicting, much less how I would react if the unthinkable had happened to a child of mine.

I didn’t back myself into a corner, 2/3 of the burn ‘em brigade were outraged at someone disagreeing with the burn ‘em approach and tried to intimidate me out of replying - which will never work with me.

The rest of your post is a very good one.

Was it perfect parenting? No.

Did they probably feel it was perfectly safe? Yes.

Did they care about their kids? Obviously.

As you say they’ll have to live with it for the rest of their lives as punishment, I just disagree with the whole jail time for neglect view.

They were having a meal. They weren’t “on the piss” which would insinuate they were getting hammered.

It’s rhetoric like that rubbishes serious discussion.

The detail is incredibly important - I’m glad you’re not a copper, you’d be fucking hopeless.

Its irrelevant.

What part of leaving your kids alone in an apartment, making it gross negligence, do you not understand?

That started when Kate left them again to run back to the tapas bar when she discovered Maddie missing. The abductor could’ve potentially still been in the apartment?

It was 77m away, she sounded the alarm - what would you have done?

This has probably been covered but is there a possibility she wandered off and is now sadly residing at the bottom of a local well?

Of the many different alternative theories, the idea that she wandered from the apartment then was abducted/killed/died isn't beyond the realms of credibility. But then you still have to consider that she might have had a decent sense of direction as to where her parents would be although being 3 (almost 4) I might be wrong on that. I think the fact that the door was unlocked makes the intruder theory the likeliest. I'm doubtful that Tanner saw her being carried away though, I'd guess she was put straight into a car.

Its irrelevant.

What part of leaving your kids alone in an apartment, making it gross negligence, do you not understand?

The fact that it isn’t gross negligence.

It isn’t irrelevant, you’re using that phrase to paint them in a worse light.

Thus showing your level of unbalance here.

The fact that it isn’t gross negligence.

It isn’t irrelevant, you’re using that phrase to paint them in a worse light.

Thus showing your level of unbalance here.

I don't care if they sat around that table in complete silence without a drink or food.

It doesn't matter. They left their children alone. Unattended. Without care.

That IS negligence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.