Madeleine McCann

I also find the mob role, groupthink, lynch mob outrage about the McCanns disgusting. I mean variations on the phrase "They shouldn't have left them alone" must have been repeated literally billion of times over the last ten years. Do none of you pityless clowns not think that these people haven't considered that before?

Makes me sick. When I look back through the years I can think of many mistakes I have made which potentially endangered my children's lives. I almost had a 60 mph head on collision over Christmas with all three of my kids in the car because I was turning the radio over. I let my non-swimming boys go on a speedboat without a lifejacket once. I can remember my wife and I getting really pissed and sharing a bed with our daughter when she was only a few months old. We all make mistakes. They made a big one but the price they paid could not be any higher.
You’re normally the font of solid common sense on here DD and there’s a lot of sense in what you say. Whatever happened that night, whether self-inflicted or otherwise, they’ve lost a child. I think you recognise that there was some element of being self-inflicted when they chose to leave their children unsupervised in an unlocked house.

I know you and that you’re a good family man who loves your kids. Parenthood is a series of calculated risks as you’ll find out more and more when your boys get older. Crossing the road on their own, letting them go to school on their own or with their pals, letting them go out at night, go away on holiday, etc. But I was a bit surprised that you’d let two non-swimmers go out in a boat without life-saving equipment.

Fortunately nothing went wrong but if heaven forbid it had,people would feel terribly sorry for you but would also say “What was he thinking?” and many would say you’d been guilty of completely irresponsible behaviour as a parent. So I don’t think you can blame people for questioning them, particularly when there’s no clear evidence of an abduction and some of their stories just don’t add up.

Yep. The main theory is she died in the apartment. Maybe an accident. I'd just like to know how the fuck you dispose of kids body while panicking, in a short amount of time in an area you didn't know. They must of hid her good an proper.

What do you consider a short amount of time? and on what do you base it on?
If you dis-regard the Tapas 7 when was the last time someone other than them saw Maddy alive?

If you review Russell O'Brien's statement about what he saw & heard when he went into the room it's inconclusive. Then there's also a problem with Jane Tanner's visit; if she'd gone at the time she said, she would of haved to pass within 10ft of one of the other Tapas 7 and another resident chatting on the street. In their statements neither saw her.

So, before all this you had David Payne supposedly visit Kate at the room. There are huge inconsistancies between his version and Kate version(s) of events. He said he entered the apartment and was there at least 10 minutes. She said he only came to the door and was gone within 2 minutes. Also the times they give differ by quite a lot and conflict with the timelines given by others (i.e. the time given by Gerry that Payne left the tennis courts to check in on Kate).

It's no wonder a British official sent to aid the McCanns right after the incident warned the Foreign Office that there was inconsistancies between all their testimonies, and asked for confirmation in light of this to carry on giving them 'all possible assistances'.

I know. There is some quality bollocks that comes up on these McCann threads.

That's all well and good but to be fair you yourself have put forward a conspiracy theory of your own some time back on here that I have never previously heard of before or since. IIRC, when explaining it, you even stated that it was "obvious" that this is what had happened, and that is that Maddie wandered out of the apartment herself and into the road, where she was knocked over and killed by a passing motorist. I think you even suggested that said motorist was a tourist and that he/she drove off and disposed of the body somewhere else.

I'd be intrigued to know why it is "obvious" that this happened when there is no supporting evidence whatsoever. In fact, although it is plausible, one could argue that it constitutes your definition of "quality bollocks" as there is far less evidence to support this "obvious" theory than there is the one that Maddie died in the apartment and the McCanns and their mates panicked and covered it up.

And while I found your theory plausible enough, I also found it surprising because prior to that you'd agreed with me that the Met gave off a strong whiff on the Crimewatch programme that they were setting the McCanns up.

Last edited:
You’re normally the font of solid common sense on here DD and there’s a lot of sense in what you say. Whatever happened that night, whether self-inflicted or otherwise, they’ve lost a child. I think you recognise that there was some element of being self-inflicted when they chose to leave their children unsupervised in an unlocked house.

I know you and that you’re a good family man who loves your kids. Parenthood is a series of calculated risks as you’ll find out more and more when your boys get older. Crossing the road on their own, letting them go to school on their own or with their pals, letting them go out at night, go away on holiday, etc. But I was a bit surprised that you’d let two non-swimmers go out in a boat without life-saving equipment.

Fortunately nothing went wrong but if heaven forbid it had,people would feel terribly sorry for you but would also say “What was he thinking?” and many would say you’d been guilty of completely irresponsible behaviour as a parent. So I don’t think you can blame people for questioning them, particularly when there’s no clear evidence of an abduction and some of their stories just don’t add up.

It’s the continual and incessant use of phrases like “self-inflicted” which I find glib, tasteless and lacking in nuance or understanding.

I usually avoid these threads but have occasionally looked in and this is one of those times.

I can't remember if I have mentioned this before but I do know someone who was interviewed by the British Police as part of the investigation; not because of any direct involvement in the Maddie incident but because of another incident in that part of the world on another occasion that they were a witness to. Thankfully, in that case. no harm occurred but there was an intruder scared off from a young blond girl's bedroom when the whole family were in the building (apartment or villa).

Could be a coincidence but poor Maddie could easily have been targeted.

They had no car on the evening in question or for weeks afterwards. What exactly could they have done and not been caught? The conspiracy theories around this are total BS. You can dislike them if you want but that does not make them guilty of anything.
WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS THEY SOON FOUND TRANSPORT TO GET TO THE AIRPORT TO GO AND SEE THE POPE WHILST LEAVING THEIR MISSING DAUGHTER BEHIND....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.