Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Sergio gets a free pass for lots of reasons but it's been a feature of our season that none of our big players have turned up consistent and especially when it mattered. Much as I love Yaya I wouldn't have played him tonight and put KDB in the middle with Sterling on the left. Not sure it would have made a difference though. Our failures have been a collective one even if we are predisposed to lump all the blame on one or two players.

A complete overhaul is required and it starts with Pep altering the mind set of the squad and only using players who have the right mentality to win the games that matter.

Wages and apathy won't make it as easy to shift off the number of players we should have shipped out over the past 4 windows but its well past biting the bullet time.

There are not many players in the squad that I see having a future under Pep. Very few if any will still be at the club once his three years is up.

Back 4 and the 2 F's did there job tonight but we was so lacklustre going forward. De Bruyne is at his best in the hole but the plank had to put Toure there who did jack shit. Even though Sterling has been shocking, he would have been better starting to give us the balance and get the best of De Bruyne centrally and in turn maybe feed Aguero. Got beat by the better side but showed no guts to get the away goal.
This might sound far-fetched and I hate to mention the Dippers. Klopp would have probably got a result tonight with an average Liverpool side with just high pressing. I noticed a few incidents where we had them penned him and done the hard work only to let them off the hook and back off again.We dont seem to press in packs, a few times Aguero put them under only for the them to pass around him and no one press the second ball. We need to have more cohesion, Pep has got a major job on his hands.
Despite this I thought our fullbacks were superb again tonight.

That just about sums it up. THERE WAS NO APPROACH!! There was no plan A, no plan B, no tactics, no ideas, no bollocks and Pellers clearly lost the dressing room months and months ago. Whats worse is that for most of the season, and last season, Pellers sounds more like Wenger every week. I would be happy if he fucked of tonight (and take the grim reaper of an assistant manager with in) and let Vinny manage the side for the last 2 games.

The thing that really pissed me off was the sub at 60 mins. It's like, no matter what, a sub must be made at 60 mins.
A manager that works that way us not working in the moment, which is crucial in these games, he is merely painting by numbers.
How Manuel has managed to keep his reputation as a top manager intact is a fucking mystery.

the manager can get criticism for some stuff, but motivation shouldn't be one of them. playing in the champions league semi final against real madrid while getting paid millions of pounds for the privilege should give players all the motivation in the world.

kun, de bruyne, yaya gave such terrible efforts that the club should refuse to pay them in my opinion.

Everything I've ever learned agout leadership both in the military and as a manager in the real world tells me different. You cannot expect everyone to be self motivating not everyone is like that. In fact only about 15% of people are. The rest need leadership. And a good leader will work with the individual characters as well as the group to find the best way to fire them up and get the best out of them. This requires charisma, intelligence, communication and compassion. And the moment the team lose confidence in the manager the game is over. You can see it again and again in football. It's referred to as loosing the dressing room but that is a rather over dramatic description. Arsenal are a prime example of a team who don't believe in their manager and haven't done for many years. Unless they change almost all of the squad, or the manager they will never get out of their underachieving rut. Luckily for us we have a change coming and enough talent to get over this season and move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.