Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Need our players to be more mentally strong, we've gone backwards in that respect since the Mancini days for me(moreso than physically), we are a big side physically as strong in most areas as any team out there but so easily unsettled, disrupted and affected by things they should be able to handle. Happened alot this season... first time I noticed it was the collapse at WHL when they got a shocking decision their way before half time, came out looking lost Caballero gifts them an easy lead soon after and they play even worse, Kanes goal kills the game but it's the way they were flapping like they were hanging on from the very moment the 2nd half kicked off... they should have been fighting and dominating a younger less physical Spurs side.

A sad game really. No shots on target. Believed we could do it but didn't play well. Fans were great especially towards the end.
Thought we started well, Kompany looked good, it's very worrying just hope he can return. That was one of the worst things that could've happened, I think it provoked Yaya to play further back which didn't help. Never seemed able to get control of this game, for much of it we couldn't press or even attack effectively. We were always in it though, if anywhere near our best definitely could've won it.
Hart was great. Undone by a deflection. We should've been a man up last 10 mins. Fernandinho and Agüero went very close, but it was sad to see Sergio at the half way line at the end of the game. I don't know who is to blame, but I would've loved to see more hunger and belief tonight. I'd say we have improved in this competition, semi-final is a very good achievement, i just believe we're better than this.

He gave up the Soton game for this where didnt even have a shot on target. And now we carry the tiredness/letargy into the Arsenal game...

EL here we come...

That was awful
People thinking that we only lost by the odd goal over two legs to a team like real Madrid is a positive are seriously papering over cracks
That's nothing to do with us it's because real Madrid missed a whole host of chances
We went out with a whimper
We have not beaten a top 8 side all season and we have Arsenal up next
Season can't end soon enough
Pep and £200M should sort it

SuperKev was far from super tonight, he was utter gash.
So many badly placed passes and nothing dynamic. Aguero was waaaay too deep. Naval was as good as we can expect him to be (which incidentally isn't good enough to beat a team like Madrid), yaya was good on the ball but had few options, the fernas were great and got forward well enough necessary, if a little frustrated, Otamendi was brilliant in the tackle but nit so much positionally, Manga did very well, Clichy and Sagna were solid and gave a few options going forward but not quite enough and there was nobody in the box to receive a cross anyway! And Joe for captain for at least the next 5 years!! He's incredible!

Hope we somehow beat arsenal on Sunday.. Secure champions league and be done with this awful season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.