Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Your not allowed to say kdb was poor on here, but thought thought they were all poor it was a semi for christ sake

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yaya KDB and Aguero were our only poor players tonight. nobody else had a bad game. The problem was (apart from our manager) that nobody had better than a 6-7/10

I went to the derby a few weeks ago; we were losing but hardly raised the tempo in the final ten minutes. We didn't look interested.
I went to Southampton on Sunday and even though we were outplayed we could have got something had we turned the screw following Nacho's second; there was plenty of time but no oomph. Again we didn't look interested. And it was the same story tonight.
No oomph is the story far too often this season. No fucking oomph.
We need to sign a couple of vampires (not bloody Skrtel) because none of the clueless clowns currently on display know how to go for the jugular.
And I know Madrid are a good team, but they aren't invincible and we didn't exert any lasting pressure.

This, I'm afraid

We hardly put a tackle in in midfield, look at the poassion shown the night before - we f'in went out with a whimper.

The front three didn't close anybody down , Yaya was his usual waste of space in Europe. To be honest it's unbelievable we got this far and kept it close.

Just watch their goal - forget the deflection - KDB should have been back helping Cliché but was no-where near play.

I had a conversation earlier in the day with another fan and said I hope yaya isn't fit, he is past it.

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised by a lack of effort.

It's not a lack of effort, it's a distinct lack of fitness, coupled with ageing legs and a weak mentality.

We ran more than Madrid tonight, we just don't have the legs or intelligence to do it right.

How has it been allowed that our fitness is so bad??

It's like the club was so scared of pissing the players off after Mancini that they've let them do what they want - which is next to nothing in training.

MP and the club have committed many crimes this season but the side we put out against Southampton was good enough to win , its just like on so many occasions this year they didn't turn up and lack the work rate required.

We need to get faster , fitter , less injury prone and more physical players than we currently have.

Our training regime needs to change , we need better medico's , better scouts and change with the times.

We have stagnated over the past two seasons thinking that by doing the same things we did in MP's first year it will be enough to compete when its obvious MP is a manger for yesteryear.

The vast majority of our squad are not good enough for the premiership anymore let alone a Chumps League semi final.
Sadly, I completely agree

Sterling was v good when he came on. And v fortunate not have his leg broken. Much better balance to the team when he played-and a lot more energy which this side lacks in spades.
Yep I'll be honest, I wanted the team that started and thought Sterling was shot till next season but he had a great first touch from a nacho pass and it seemed to give him confidence
I thought after the game " I wish he was on from the start "
He can definitely come good yet just needs someone to figure him out

Pure cowardice. No other words to describe it. I was thinking all day that we'd lose, but to go out with such a whimper like that makes my blood boil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.