Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

I don't believe there was a lack of effort. We lacked directon and we simply weren't good enough. It's been clear for ages we were nowhere near good enough to win the competition and even though it was right to give our all in the champions league games, we shouldn't have rested so many players and sacrificed league points going after it.

Sterling was v good when he came on. And v fortunate not have his leg broken. Much better balance to the team when he played-and a lot more energy which this side lacks in spades.
He's backed away from the header with their keeper, it was there to be won and then take advantage of the open goal. Total shitebag

Sterling was v good when he came on. And v fortunate not have his leg broken. Much better balance to the team when he played-and a lot more energy which this side lacks in spades.

Yes. But it's too little,too late. Because the rest of the side are knackered from chasing shadows and the ball.

It wasn't the going out mate it was how we went out
Did you see any bad tackles by us moaning at the ref ? Any signs we were pissed of we were about to miss out on a CL final ?
Everyone's day/week would have dragged thinking about nothing but this game and they go out and don't give a fuck
Not acceptable
Fair point, it was a bit like watching England at a world cup.

Aguero did not even have a touchh in the box according to BT. 51 touches and not one in the box.

I don't even think Real got out of second gear and that's what's pissing me off, they didn't have to even try

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, we would have got roasted by Atletico in the final

Just hope the team can pick themselves up now for Sunday

sagna seemed off colour tonight and Vinny going off meant we had one less sub to use later on.

I didn't mind Yaya starting, it was a toss up but it was obvious early on it wasn't working and he's another legend who I'll love forever but has fallen off a cliff this season.

kdb looked like he had the whole world on his shoulders and Sergio, well that's the worst I've seen him play.

once Nava's was incorrectly flagged offside when his pass left Sergio in space I knew it wasn't going to be our night, compounded with the fluke goal minutes later.

sterling for Yaya was the right decision but too late and nacho should have come on for Fernando not Navas.

to sum it all up I'm not angry or disappointed I just feel empty, devoid of emotion just lime the team seemed devoid of quality and desire so it looks like pellers has had a similar impact on me as he has the team.

goodbye pellers, thanks for a league title, some cups and CL semi but don't expect me to leave anything other than a signature in your leaving card...

Sergio did nothing wrong.

What are people expecting, he's just banging his head against a brick wall, isolated at every turn, because we had no possession or link play up to him, hence him trying to drop 30 yards back.

The tie swung in Madrid's favour when Silva got injured.

The tie swung in Madrid's favour when we didn't turn up tonight. On a brighter note, the team should be fresh for Sunday.

He's backed away from the header with their keeper, it was there to be won and then take advantage of the open goal. Total shitebag

FFS he was never going to win it. You never know the ball might have dropped to him. Anyway had he challenged he'd have
most probably given a free kick away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.