Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

A complete overhaul is required and it starts with Pep altering the mind set of the squad and only using players who have the right mentality to win the games that matter.

Wages and apathy won't make it as easy to shift off the number of players we should have shipped out over the past 4 windows but its well past biting the bullet time.

There are not many players in the squad that I see having a future under Pep. Very few if any will still be at the club once his three years is up.

Honestly I don't think it's just a squad issue and I can see many of them having a role under Pep. I do keep saying it but it's about the culture and ethos of the man leading and setting up the team. Just as Bayern are an extension of Pep or A Madrid the embodiment of Simeone or Liverpool of Klopp we are a Pellers team. Thing is I am not sure what a Pellers team actually is or more accurately what identity it is has other than failing to turn up when it matters.

To slow on the counter attack - as we have been all season. Same again on Saturday probably.

Kompany has started I think something like 9 out of 38 games this season.

I feel very sorry for the bloke and he's been immense etc etc and every other praise etc.

But enough is enough. We don't need ornaments, we need players we can rely on playing more than half a season.

There is a worrying frailty in our team when Kompany doesn't play. Tonight for instance we were the better team until Kompany got injured. When he went off we dropped another 10m which gave them space to play in midfield, increased the gaps making it impossible for our midfield to close them down and isolate our forwards.

With Kompany and Silva were good to go, without them our spine, hearts and minds are broken.

We need to look at replacing half the team - if not more.

We'll come back from it if we manage to qualify for next seasons CL. If we don't then I think we could have even more serious problems.

at least we have been able to rest most of the team for sunday,

Not even that arsed, seriously.

This team and manager have created such a low expectation level over the last 16 months.

If you know you have a proper team, one that leaves it out on the field every single time, that's when you can feel bereft or cheated.

It's a weird feeling mate isn't it, I just shrugged my shoulders and thought who gives a fuck, Ive felt cheated for the last two seasons with this guy in charge , he just isn't a city manager, we are used to a bit of passion, a manager who sought the side of the fans , someone you felt connected to , this guy has hardly acknowledged the fans in three seasons ,never felt like this before about City, getting to the stage where the ST will be going , its not about the trophys it's about them giving there all for the club.

Fingers crossed Pep will reignite the love.

I am afraid to think what Bayern would do to us on this performance. First ten minutes of second half Madrid would coming to our box at will, no midfield at all. How they have not scored in that period is a mistery.

1 game less for the old ****.

Write the season off, start again in august with a manager not a joker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.