Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Think i must be v much alone-but this is the highest level to play at, and funnily enough your weaknesses get exposed. We weren't playing the dog and duck ffs.

Some of the abuse given again is frankly shameful. The semi final-losing over two legs to a deflected own goal. We came up short-short of creativity and short on energy but jesus wept some of you need to get a grip. This team has done us proud over the last 5 years or so-but now we need to get younger, fitter and faster and hopefully Pep will see that.
But over the 2 legs we offered nothing up front, we are an exciting, attacking and creative team, and we just totally impotent over 180 minutes. This could be a defining moment in a lot of these players' careers, they need to offer more.
The ambition and trajectory of this club cannot be satisfied with such a flat performance

Not screaming corrupt or fix or anything like that, if you read my other posts you know what I think about tonight but something happened tonight that I couldn't get out my head for about five minutes
After about 20 minutes De-Bruyne didn't go to ground it was his first foul and he just tripped Marcello at THEIR corner flag, the ref came sprinting over and booked him ? WTF

His subs were a joke!
He gave Kev 7mins in his best position! Why bother? Why not give him longer or make a double sub?

The most annoying thing is that after 160 minutes of the 180 minutes of a 2 legged semi final I would have accepted the position we were in. What I would have expected though is for the last 20 minutes of that time is that we'd have been pushing forward, lumping the ball into the box, sending our centre backs (and even Joe at the very end) up for the inevitable corners and set pieces we were going to be throwing into the box. Instead we had nothing.

I agree with this 100%

Going to be a bit of a rant but these fucking spineless players/manager cost us a CL final spot.

Real were there for the taking, yet players such as Aguero and KDB decided to do their own thing.

It's completely inexcusable and the lack of fight was an absolute disgrace. We managed one shot on target in 180 minutes v Madrid.

Piss poor, and I can't wait for Pep to sort this shit out. This club is far too nice, and it's extended onto the pitch.

I think to be successful in any team sport, regardless of individual talent. You need to be a band of brothers. We've seen it in the past with Nottingham Forest and Leicester this season. Didn't see anything like that tonight. We've seen semi finals down the years where teams have gone 2 goals down and come back to win 3-2 in the end. There was only 1 goal required to reach the final of the European cup, and they were strolling about like it was a pre-season dick around. Even if the kitchen sink had been thrown in and Madrid had scored a second on the counter, you could say the players had a go at it, but they didn't. Such a disappointment.

Think i must be v much alone-but this is the highest level to play at, and funnily enough your weaknesses get exposed. We weren't playing the dog and duck ffs.

Some of the abuse given again is frankly shameful. The semi final-losing over two legs to a deflected own goal. We came up short-short of creativity and short on energy but jesus wept some of you need to get a grip. This team has done us proud over the last 5 years or so-but now we need to get younger, fitter and faster and hopefully Pep will see that.
totally agree

But over the 2 legs we offered nothing up front, we are an exciting, attacking and creative team, and we just totally impotent over 180 minutes. This could be a defining moment in a lot of these players' careers, they need to offer more.
The ambition and trajectory of this club cannot be satisfied with such a flat performance

You are right-but they have to take credit for that. We were impotent without the creativity of Silva or Nasri or a younger Yaya or a KDB that wasn't so off form. They outclassed us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.