Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Forty old years of following City makes you either mentally unstable or look on the bright side-the latter is better for your health :)
Well I must have gone down the mentally unstable route cos I'm certainly not seeing many bright sides at the moment. Didn't see many on Sunday either.

It was sad that we wasted such a great opportunity. We will never have a better chance of making a CL final as a half decent performance tonight - not even a great one - would have been enough against a less than great RM. If they play like that in the final there is only one winner.

We will have to play immensely better against anybody next time we make this stage. Several players out there tonight will never get that chance again and will regret all their lives that they did not give their all.

That tie (in contrast to the other SF) was all that is so boring about the CL - slow, pedestrian chess match.

The good news is that this team is shot and basically a dead squad walking, So there is no chance we are getting two wins and seeing CL next season. They will be enjoying Thursdays in Kazakhstan and Finland. Maybe they will not be quite so in awe of those sides.

Only hope we have of getting CL is if they somehow persuade Pep to pop over here this weekend and get him to motivate some life out of the zombies who seem to be sleepwalking to their P45 pay offs along with Pellegrini.

I don't imagine anyone at the club will do a thing about it between now and Sunday. But unless they do something drastic then the mood in the dressing room as Hart clearly revealed is going to see this season peter out into the disaster that has been looming. With United and Liverpool back in the CL and City freezing in Siberia on Thursdays before getting home just in time to play in Middlesbrough on Sunday morning.

They have one shot to put this right on Sunday but I have no confidence it will magically happen on its own. Someone has to step up and make it happen.

Well I must have gone down the mentally unstable route cos I'm certainly not seeing many bright sides at the moment. Didn't see many on Sunday either.

Pep-Guardiola-009.jpg

No pride. If we played with the intensity of Atlético I would applaud the team even after a hammering.

I actually felt sorry for Yaya Toure tonight. He was a mountain in his prime, yet he looked old tonight. Everybody knew that Yaya's 20 goal season in 2014 was the pinnacle, a sale should have followed. Instead age has caught up with him and his value has plummeted in the last 24 months. Pellegrini had no business displacing De Bruyne in order to shoehorn Yaya in to the side tonight.

Real Madrid didn't play a tenacious midfielder yet Modric, Kroos and Isco outworked our midfield and were extremely smart with their positioning and running without the ball.

I'm not sure why the panic set in tonight but we decided early on in the game that we were going route one tonight. We could barely string a pass together even though at times they weren't pressing us at all. Joe Hart and Jesus Navas can hold their heads up high tonight, they are the only ones.

Overall Pellegrini's tenure here has been a disaster. 1 major honour in 3 seasons doesn't make for happy reading when you consider the figures spent: £27m on Bony, £32m on Mangala, £27m on Otamendi, £49m on Sterling and £54m on De Bruyne. How can we have spent so much money, yet the squad still needs so much surgery? 4 fullbacks over the age of 30, 2 central midfielders over the age of 30 and our only back up to Aguero is a teenager. Gundogan will be a brilliant way to kick off the window but that's just a drop in the ocean.

The club has to write the last 24 months off.

From the 1st of July Guardiola will arrive and the club will quite symbolically change badges. We have to throw everything we have behind Guardiola, every single week. He will install some professional pride in this squad and will ship out any who don't have the guts to play for Manchester City. I don't care if we miss out on the Champion's League next season as we will have to spearhead a title charge next season. Guardiola is the type of man who will still honor the integrity of any other contest we are in whether that is the Europa or the Champion's League.

Onwards and upwards, we are about to embark on a special journey which will see the club shaped for decades to come.

We have bought poorly and that reflects on the scouts we have ( need replacing with ones who know how to bring in the players that will be regulars and be consistently better than the opposition over a decent timespan ) , our medical set up needs overhauling and of course MP was not an appointment that was going to take us to the next level.

MP was a stop gap and his inability to motivate , lack of technical ability , lack of tactical nous , inability to play the right players in their best positions quickly strangled what little life was left in the side.

Kolorov, Sagna, Clichy, Zabba, Fernando, Navas, Delph , Bony , Silva , Kompany and Toure all need replacing preferably over the summer but certainly over the next three windows.

We will only finish fourth if West Ham and Manure bottle their last three games but I suspect at least one of them won't.

To rely on the likes of Norwich , Swansea , Bournemouth and Stoke is not a good thing.

Bump in the road mate-might be one on Sunday but we are going in the right direction. Pep will excite everyone and it will fascinating to see him work.

If they have a fully fit Benzema and CR for both legs it would have been very ugly .

For us if we have a fully fit Silva we still might have finished without shot on target given Silva's form this season.

Gameplan is crucial, yet Pelle didnt care much. At least he didnt use a midfield duo of Milner /Fernando or Yaya/Fernando. Thats kind of an improvement from him but thats it.

I am sure even Real was surprised by the lack of shots we had in 180 minutes.

But I cannot be too angry to lose to Real in a CL semi. Lot better than lose to Barca in two rounds earlier. (Of course draw is everything as if we get Real6Atletico/Bayern/Barca in the 1/8 finals we are out this season as well very early...)

The way we lost certainly leaves a bad taste given the lack of attacks/risk...

But the fact we are now left to worry about qualifying for the next years CL as that shit United or WHU with Andy Carroll might beat us to it now thats a real crime from Pellegrini and the FBI should investigate that for fuck sake.

On the plus side I bet Ronaldo feels shit as Bale get the plaudits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.