Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Sadly tonight showed why Pellegrini going is 100% correct.

The team are playing in his image at the moment including tonight. He's too nice and we're too nice. I want a manager who's as pi55ed off as me when we're losing and have that reflected in the players attitudes. He's been great when it's going well and all's rosy but he can't motivate jack sh1t when it's not going our way.

I wanted to believe we would be more than this, i thought it was all in place but the "hollistic" ideal seems a bit weak when others around you are strong (Athleti).
I backed us to the hilt and tbh in the cl we have done ok but the league is where the failure hits hard, we should have done so much better injuries or not.

tl;dr We had it in us to do more in the league and domestic cups.

OK Im not going to start making excuses. We lost to a better team but yes we should have been able to conjure up 1 solitary goal HOWEVER as the players would say its gone now and we must make sure we get top 4. Im sure we would all agree weve seen some brilliant stuff played in CL this time round. Its been a great experience and City have now set a bar that the owners will want to attain every year which will be very minimum last 8 of CL. Pep is surely going to bring some spark with him. We are lucky supporters to have all the finances needed to buy the very best and a top top coach taking over plus really good youth players breaking through. The future is Blue, the future is City.

Back at the hotel now. As already stated pisser poor tonight I can take losing in fact hand on heart that's what I expected going into the game what I can't accept is in arguably the biggest 90 minutes in city's history that the players put in such an inept 'I can't be arsed performance ' as they did.
Go for it and lose 3 or 4 nil trying but to not even try to win the game the manager and every player needs to hang their heads in shame cos we were awful and totally spineless tonight
Feel genuinely sorry for all you lads and lasses who spent all that money,gave a great account of yourselves with your support in the ground,only to be treated like shit by the majority of the team.

We could play for another 180 minutes and not look like scoring. And here I was thinking that the object of counter attacking was to move the ball up the field with pace and take advantage of numbers. We looked like we either didn't have a clue or couldn't be arsed.

To sacrifice the Southampton match for this performance ..
Not to mention the fucking FA Cup. Pep has his work cut out for him. Manuel can fuck off now. Can't see us picking up points V Arsenal either.

Like watching a League 1 team take on a Premier league team. As predicted, we lost. Not surprisingly we had an injury. Hopefully Norwich, WHU & Bournemouth can do us some favours, because I can't see this shiftless bunch putting in a performance any time soon. Remind me why we chucked a game against Saints on Sunday?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.