Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Personally I would disagree with all of those points.

1. Sterling has shown nothing in the last 3 months to merit a start, Toure has the experience - it didn't work out but we hardly got overran. The game plan was ok until the 65th minute or so when we then should have put the foot on the gas.

2. Delph is out of his depth at this level and would have added nothing. He is a poor signing and shouldn't be here. That doesn't mean Fernando should either. It's poor planning and signings.

3. Bony has shown nothing when he does come on to make me think that he would have had any influence on that game. He is another who has jumped one step too high on the level ladder. He needs to drop down a notch and head back to a mid table club where he will play more and I'm sure do better.

Agree with nearly all this,thought Fernando did OK generally though last night.

Perversely, looking back, I wonder whether Bony might have had a role to play last night? We were crying out for someone to hold up the ball... I know how unhinged that sounds...
Did you not see the posts after the Saints game stating that they never wanted to see Bony in a City shirt again?

1. Sterling has shown nothing in the last 3 months to merit a start, Toure has the experience - it didn't work out but we hardly got overran. The game plan was ok until the 65th minute or so when we then should have put the foot on the gas.

2. Delph is out of his depth at this level and would have added nothing. He is a poor signing and shouldn't be here. That doesn't mean Fernando should either. It's poor planning and signings.

3. Bony has shown nothing when he does come on to make me think that he would have had any influence on that game. He is another who has jumped one step too high on the level ladder. He needs to drop down a notch and head back to a mid table club where he will play more and I'm sure do better.

Was just about to put the same reply.

Playing Yaya is a direct result of 3 years relying on a chequebook to solve all the problems. We can only sign so many players & some won't work out. That's not Marwood or Txki, that's everybody, for the rest of our lives. It will always be the same. Signings don't all work. Whoever they are & whoever signs them. What other options were left other than Yaya ? Delph ? Might have been better or might have been the same as at Southampton. Anything was a gamble.

This team needed youthful enthusiasm to help the more pedestrian players even when Mancini was still here. We eventually tried to buy some with Sterling, 3 years later. We have made no effort to encourage our own. We just sign new faces to try & create a spark, as the manager can't.

But irrespective of selection, which imo was limited in choice, what about trying to win the game with the players we had ?

What was the manager's view of Aguero not bothering to try & get on the end of anything in the 6 yard box for 90 mins ? Order him to ? Threaten him with being subbed off ? Nah, leave him to it.

This is a bloke who is leaving in a week, still hasn't got the balls to give Aguero a rocket in the 2nd half of his 3rd from last game.

What about the last 5 mins when we're going out & not creating even a sniff of fuck all ? Change something ? How about all out attack ? Mangala & Otamendi forward, long ball, whole team push up, risk losing 0-2 to score 1 ? Was that a team & manager desperately trying everything to get to the final ?

Pellegrini would have quite liked to get through, as he would have quite liked to win the league. And the players have grown into that comfy dressing gown with him. We have one level & that's it. Suddenly trying to find another gear when you haven't used it since August, is tricky.

But ah well, Pel has another 'title', as he calls it, with the league Cup, so he's done ok & the players are soon on holiday or off to the euros, & fucking rich, so they'll get over it.

Maybe they'll even turn up v Arsenal, just to show eveyone what they could have won. Or maybe not. See how they all feel.

I agree with points one and 2 but not with point 3.

Bony could have been used to allow us to try something different. It was clear that our slow passing build up play was having zero positive effect and Bony could have given us the option to become a bit more direct and try something different. It's not that I think he deserved to play but it may have given their defence a different problem to deal with if we had thrown the ball into the box for Bony and Iheanacho in the last 10-15 mins. Having said that, when we play Bony we don't tend to change our style of play anyway (partly the reason he has been so ineffective for us) so it probably wouldn't have made any difference. I just hate to see us continuing to try something that clearly isn't working.

Real Madrid v Manchester City

Well what can I say, the right decision to rest the majority of the team against Southampton and to bow out of the FA cup to be sure we are fully focused on the Champions League.

We approached the semi-final in the right manor, Navas flying down the right wing beating players and putting in accurate crosses to attack and never once reverting to getting the ball and passing it back as in previous games. Kevin with his pin point passing and Toure’s surging runs. The mid field keeping a high line and braking up there play before they could trouble our defence.

It was brilliant to watch our fast pace and passing movement total bamboozle what is supposedly one of the top teams in the world.

I woke up this morning feeling proud, I have just watched the game again (thank god for the record button) and come to a conclusion, I’m never drinking Stella before a match AGAIN

Nobody can be surprised we're changing our manager and half of this squad are going.

The lack of effort, work rate and hunger in a Champions League semi final was mind blowing.

Out of the 14 who were involved last night - who will still be in Pep's squad next season? Hart, Kompany, Otamendi, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Aguero, Sterling & Iheanacho. 8 out of
14, 2 of who were subs.

Big change required this summer if we want to kick on a level.

A lot is now being written around who should have and should not have started, all very easy with hindsight. Most people on here were happy with that team selection when it was announced and now the team selection is getting hammered. For me, our forward 4 yesterday were all culpable, all in their own ways were terrible. Aguero played like his mind was somewhere else, KDB's worst game in a city shirt, Navas his usual self with zero end product, Yaya clearly past it. None of them turned up and looked disinterested and tired.

For me what was disappointing was the lack of movement on the pitch, it was so noticeable that whenever Madrid had the ball their movement was excellent. Isco ran us ragged, Modric always finding pockets of space, full backs always supporting. Whenever we had the ball it was walking pace with literally every player just walking around until we lost the ball, usually with a long ball towards Aguero which was food and drink to Madrid. Defensively we were very good I thought, we restricted Madrid to a deflected goal and a limited number of half chances.

I think we missed Nasri big time as he seems to link the play to Aguero superbly and we just didn't have that last night, but other than him we didn't have too many options player wise. For me it was the attitude and that all points back to one person. We weren't motivated, we lacked a game plan of how to break Madrid down and more than anything, we showed nothing when all we needed was 1 goal in the last 15 minutes to reach a champions league final. Pelligrini has sealed his fate as a total failure with that performance and so have quite a few of the players.

It's not all doom and gloom though, we have the right man coming in next season to take us to another level. 4 or 5 players like Pogba, Gundogan, Almyeric etc will rejuvenate the squad and we have players from the academy starting to come through like Iheanacho, Diaz and Garcia that hopefully will bring a hunger back we so sorely miss. Roll on June and the euro's, the Olympics and watching Pep turn us into European champions.

Playing Yaya is a direct result of 3 years relying on a chequebook to solve all the problems. We can only sign so many players & some won't work out. That's not Marwood or Txki, that's everybody, for the rest of our lives. It will always be the same. Signings don't all work. Whoever they are & whoever signs them. What other options were left other than Yaya ? Delph ? Might have been better or might have been the same as at Southampton. Anything was a gamble.

This team needed youthful enthusiasm to help the more pedestrian players even when Mancini was still here. We eventually tried to buy some with Sterling, 3 years later. We have made no effort to encourage our own. We just sign new faces to try & create a spark, as the manager can't.

But irrespective of selection, which imo was limited in choice, what about trying to win the game with the players we had ?

What was the manager's view of Aguero not bothering to try & get on the end of anything in the 6 yard box for 90 mins ? Order him to ? Threaten him with being subbed off ? Nah, leave him to it.

This is a bloke who is leaving in a week, still hasn't got the balls to give Aguero a rocket in the 2nd half of his 3rd from last game.

What about the last 5 mins when we're going out & not creating even a sniff of fuck all ? Change something ? How about all out attack ? Mangala & Otamendi forward, long ball, whole team push up, risk losing 0-2 to score 1 ? Was that a team & manager desperately trying everything to get to the final ?

Pellegrini would have quite liked to get through, as he would have quite liked to win the league. And the players have grown into that comfy dressing gown with him. We have one level & that's it. Suddenly trying to find another gear when you haven't used it since August, is tricky.

But ah well, Pel has another 'title', as he calls it, with the league Cup, so he's done ok & the players are soon on holiday or off to the euros, & fucking rich, so they'll get over it.

Maybe they'll even turn up v Arsenal, just to show eveyone what they could have won. Or maybe not. See how they all feel.

I agree with a lot of posters we should of started de bruyne central and put sterling on the wing they are the future not an aging yaya

Nobody can be surprised we're changing our manager and half of this squad are going.

The lack of effort, work rate and hunger in a Champions League semi final was mind blowing.

Out of the 14 who were involved last night - who will still be in Pep's squad next season? Hart, Kompany, Otamendi, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Aguero, Sterling & Iheanacho. 8 out of
14, 2 of who were subs.

Big change required this summer if we want to kick on a level.

I suspect Sagna, Clichy and Navas will be in Guardiola's squad too. Possibly Mangala and Fernando. I can't see us making 10+ changes to the squad in window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.