Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

I really don't get this Real were average talk: they are not average at all; they remain one of the very best and most able sides in the world and they have been in good form recently. They have more talent at their disposal than City but over both legs they played with a huge amount of respect for City and if they looked beatable, it was because City are not as bad as people make out. That does not mean we should not be disappointed in City's performance or ignore the need for change.
I disagree.

City and Real both were clearly poor.

The ball didn't zip around the pitch.

Passes were frequently mislaid.

Neither side created much in the way of offense.

Neither side really seemed like they wanted to win no matter what.

Both legs were played at walking pace.
-----------

So yeah... both Real and City were at best average, if not really poor over both legs.
---------------
This is not at all the same as saying that both teams are average.

Real is for me the 4th best team on the planet. City are either 5th or 6th.

But neither team showed their potential in the semi-final legs.

I disagree.

-----------

So yeah... both Real and City were at best average, if not really poor over both legs.
---------------

5th or 6th best team on the planet ? You're on drugs mate

Real under zidane is different, There are not the team anymore who believes in blowing teams away and leaving gaps open
They are happy to play a defensive role and play counter attack, in first leg in second half they were happy to remain in their half rather than trying all out to get an away goal, Yesterday it was exactly like this, once they got the goal they were happy to play counter attack

Our fault was we expected them to out on all out attack and were clueless when that didnt happen, we didnt seem to have a plan b amd played in their hands

5th or 6th best team on the planet ? You're on drugs mate
So, we made the semi-finals of the UCL. Which teams do you rate above us - assuming reasonable management. We're the best team in the EPL - weighed down only by Pellers. Or would you prefer some other EPL's team's staring 11 under Pep?

Yeah Pellers isn't able to assemble our talent worth a damn, but nonetheless, we're 5th or 6th (PSG and Juve being the other contenders).

I disagree.

-----------

---------------

Ha 5th or 6th in the prem mate.

I actually thought at one point the pedestrian approach/slow build up was part of some grand tactical masterplan.- then on 70 minutes we were going to crank up the energy levels and hit them. Not sure if it was blind optimism or total delusion. Either way I’m still bitterly disappointed today. Concerned about Sunday as well, really don’t think this squad has the right mentality to pick themselves up quickly, regroup and get the result on Sunday.

So, we made the semi-finals of the UCL. Which teams do you rate above us - assuming reasonable management. We're the best team in the EPL - weighed down only by Pellers. Or would you prefer some other EPL's team's staring 11 under Pep?

Yeah Pellers isn't able to assemble our talent worth a damn, but nonetheless, we're 5th or 6th (PSG and Juve being the other contenders).
What an extremely arrogant comment after the batterings weve received from fellow English sides. Our squad is nowhere near as good as you think, you'll realise when pep clears most of them out.

I disagree.

-----------

---------------

You are welcome to disagree but your assertion that passes were frequently mislaid seems misplaced to me as Real achieved 88% pass completion and City's 82% was not much below their league average, which is second only to Arsenal. Neither side created much in no small part because both teams did well defensively.

Neither team was at their best but that does not mean we were facing average opponents who could be easily dispatched.

Real under zidane is different, There are not the team anymore who believes in blowing teams away and leaving gaps open
They are happy to play a defensive role and play counter attack, in first leg in second half they were happy to remain in their half rather than trying all out to get an away goal, Yesterday it was exactly like this, once they got the goal they were happy to play counter attack

Our fault was we expected them to out on all out attack and were clueless when that didnt happen, we didnt seem to have a plan b amd played in their hands
We didn't seem to have a plan A either in so far as we never really mounted a serious counter when the opportunity did arise. Too slow and too imprecise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.