Madrid v City CL semi final 2nd leg

Maybe you'd prefer Mourinho and his brand of football?
No I wouldn't lol. My point was we've never really dominated the country in the way you'd expect with such investment. I know it's pretty arrogant saying that and I'm eternally grateful for the 5 trophies so I take back what I said.

No I wouldn't lol. My point was we've never really dominated the country in the way you'd expect with such investment. I know it's pretty arrogant saying that and I'm eternally grateful for the 5 trophies so I take back what I said.
No worries mate, I also think we should have had at least one more but five in eight years, even if it's the league cup us infinitely better than none in thirty five
Plus the investment was needed to propel us upwards whilst also being controlled by the UEFA mafia

No worries mate, I also think we should have had at least one more but five in eight years, even if it's the league cup us infinitely better than none in thirty five
Plus the investment was needed to propel us upwards whilst also being controlled by the UEFA mafia
Yep, absolutely. Let's just hope Pep can bring us a few more :) I'm only ever bothered about the Premier league, nothing else really bothers me.

Still really gutted. Went with hope rather than expectation of going through, but there was an expectation we would give it 100%, and I'm left feeling underwhelmed. Just feels like a missed opportunity because they weren't particularly good.

Not really felt this dejected since United beat us in the Cap One semi final a few years back.

It was better when we were shit and City would let me down before I'd had chance to build my hopes up.

I think a few on here should take a reality check, yes we are all bitterly disappointed to have lost a game when could, and probably should have won. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....but let's look at it. Losing Kompany so early (yes, should he have been starting blah, blah, blah - hindsight again!!), and then an early goal, I think Pellegrini, just wanted us to be in the game with 15 to go; to lose a second would have been game over. Had Aguero's effort gone in game won and Pellegrini would have been the second Messiah! It is a measure of how far we've come that we're all so disappointed, but the fact is that we have finally got to a CL Semi-final, and the future is bright. Great manager coming in, funds will be available, he will attract the next step up in calibre of players. This isn't the 'beginning of the of end, it is the 'end of the beginning', City can live with the big boys and the future is bright.

Let's move on!!!!

It's a Manchester City team that should have established its own piece in the wider public conscience.

Sadly, it's come up way short in terms of what we should really have won (domestically) and the opportunities, such as the Champs semi-final, to create real moments in history.

B minus - the last five years.

I think a few on here should take a reality check, yes we are all bitterly disappointed to have lost a game when could, and probably should have won. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....but let's look at it. Losing Kompany so early (yes, should he have been starting blah, blah, blah - hindsight again!!), and then an early goal, I think Pellegrini, just wanted us to be in the game with 15 to go; to lose a second would have been game over. Had Aguero's effort gone in game won and Pellegrini would have been the second Messiah! It is a measure of how far we've come that we're all so disappointed, but the fact is that we have finally got to a CL Semi-final, and the future is bright. Great manager coming in, funds will be available, he will attract the next step up in calibre of players. This isn't the 'beginning of the of end, it is the 'end of the beginning', City can live with the big boys and the future is bright.

Let's move on!!!!

If you had said at the start of the season that we would reach the semi final of the CL, losing by a single goal to Real Madrid, I would have been delighted.

It was much more disappointing than I expected simply because of the feeling that they were there for the taking in both legs. But I agree with you that Pellegrini's approach to this tie has been to stay in it as long as possible. Perhaps a reaction to way we were out of the Barca tie last year so early on. And he probably did think that if we played conservatively we would nick it.

Also the reaction probably wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't for the Southampton performance.

Haha. Two of those were the capital one cup though, not saying it doesn't count but it doesn't mean anywhere near as much as the FA cup or premier league do. For the investment we haven't looked anywhere close to what the Mourinho Chelsea side did.

I've said multiple times that I would can the League Cup as a competiton tomorrow but I have really enjoyed seeing City win it and the truth is that is it is no easier to win than the FA Cup sure there's a difference in prestige but winning a cup at Wembley is winning a cup at Wembley; both are vastly different to the Community Shield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.