Maicon

CTID101 said:
I thought Maicon was decent v Madrid.

Ronaldo didn't get past him that many times (tbf he laughs at most full backs) and he even swapped wings to have a go at Clichy because he wasn't getting anywhere.

When Zab came on he swapped back and tore us apart.

Still can't believe we lost that match! FFS!

No he didn't get passed him but he allowed him to come inside and get shots off and if not for hart making some increadible saves we would have had own doors blown off. They did get 35 shots off.

Mr. Aguia said:
CTID101 said:
I thought Maicon was decent v Madrid.

Ronaldo didn't get past him that many times (tbf he laughs at most full backs) and he even swapped wings to have a go at Clichy because he wasn't getting anywhere.

When Zab came on he swapped back and tore us apart.

Still can't believe we lost that match! FFS!

No he didn't get passed him but he allowed him to come inside and get shots off and if not for hart making some increadible saves we would have had own doors blown off. They did get 35 shots off.

Maicon was at fault for Madrid scoring at our place. Madrid were shite when they came to Manchester for us and the rags - if we'd put in that bit more effort we would have beaten them.

Thought its a huge joke last week when I read that Roma asked City to give them Maicon for free AND pay his wages as well.

Turns out this happened exactly, City getting no fee for him (profit? lol), but we had to give a pay off to him which is basically the difference in wage he got here and he will get at Roma.

In all we saved probably 2-3m pounds compared to that if spends his last year here mostly in the stands or out injured.

But his short City career still cost the club around 10m pounds.

In these FFP times when we should look at making good sigings if we spend money how we can make lose 10m so easily for nothing...

He really never got a chance to play consistently due to injuries. He showed a few glimpses of his old brilliance with some amazing passes, but overall didn't play enough to be judged either way.

John.des said:
Thought its a huge joke last week when I read that Roma asked City to give them Maicon for free AND pay his wages as well.

Turns out this happened exactly, City getting no fee for him (profit? lol), but we had to give a pay off to him which is basically the difference in wage he got here and he will get at Roma.

In all we saved probably 2-3m pounds compared to that if spends his last year here mostly in the stands or out injured.

But his short City career still cost the club around 10m pounds.

In these FFP times when we should look at making good sigings if we spend money how we can make lose 10m so easily for nothing...
How can you possibly know this ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.