Maicon

Lancet Fluke said:
BringBackSwales said:
His sub performance v spurs at home proved that he can play, injuries and not being picked maybe did not give a true picture - he certainly changed that game v spurs

That's true but at the point we signed him, whilst Mancio was trying to say he was still one of the best right backs in the world another Inter fan came on saying that he was a once great player (who he had a lot of affection for) who was now only able to produce 2 or 3 top class performances a season as he hadn't aged well. I'd have settled for letting him go on a free just to get his wages off the books. If we can make a profit on him, it'll be incredible business.

Thing is Maicon was declining as soon as Jose left. We bought a shot Maicon. Like a 57plate car but with 220k on the clock. Still looks good but the engine is fucked.

NipHolmes said:
Lancet Fluke said:
BringBackSwales said:
His sub performance v spurs at home proved that he can play, injuries and not being picked maybe did not give a true picture - he certainly changed that game v spurs

That's true but at the point we signed him, whilst Mancio was trying to say he was still one of the best right backs in the world another Inter fan came on saying that he was a once great player (who he had a lot of affection for) who was now only able to produce 2 or 3 top class performances a season as he hadn't aged well. I'd have settled for letting him go on a free just to get his wages off the books. If we can make a profit on him, it'll be incredible business.

Thing is Maicon was declining as soon as Jose left. We bought a shot Maicon. Like a 57plate car but with 220k on the clock. Still looks good but the engine is fucked.

I wish I could retweet this.

NipHolmes said:
Lancet Fluke said:
BringBackSwales said:

pretty much sums it up

Remeber Mancini starting him away to Madrid despite not even being match fit and Ronaldo giving him kittens. That should have been Zaba/Milner vs Ronaldo/Marcelo.

Coljj said:
Remeber Mancini starting him away to Madrid despite not even being match fit and Ronaldo giving him kittens. That should have been Zaba/Milner vs Ronaldo/Marcelo.
Well, for 75 minutes it was an unfit Maicon vs Ronaldo/Marcelo and we didn't concede, then Zab came on and we conceded 3 with 2 coming down that side.

Maybe Maicon didn't do too badly there in hindsight.

I thought Maicon was decent v Madrid.

Ronaldo didn't get past him that many times (tbf he laughs at most full backs) and he even swapped wings to have a go at Clichy because he wasn't getting anywhere.

When Zab came on he swapped back and tore us apart.

Still can't believe we lost that match! FFS!

When Zab came on we changed formation to a back five and he was put at wing back.

Still I think he was at fault for their 1st after harrying Ozil into a crowded central area and that left Marcelo completely free when they switched to get them back it in.

Then again it was Mancini's tinkering with formation changes, especially in the ECL, that really messed things up.

CTID101 said:
I thought Maicon was decent v Madrid.

Ronaldo didn't get past him that many times (tbf he laughs at most full backs) and he even swapped wings to have a go at Clichy because he wasn't getting anywhere.

When Zab came on he swapped back and tore us apart.

Still can't believe we lost that match! FFS!
Agree

Coljj said:
When Zab came on we changed formation to a back five and he was put at wing back.

Still I think he was at fault for their 1st after harrying Ozil into a crowded central area and that left Marcelo completely free when they switched to get them back it in.

Then again it was Mancini's tinkering with formation changes, especially in the ECL, that really messed things up.
He wasn't on the pitch for any of their goals!

Zab came on for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.