Maicon

Tez Tosterone said:
Another chunk of future wage costs saved. Let's hope he passed the lunchtime medical later today.

These costs will go towards Alvaro's wage.
Most medicals are a formality, but Maicon has been plagued with injuries since he's been here so this one might not be.

He is definitely past his best and if Roma get something out of the player then fair play to them.

Kun Aguero said:
NipHolmes said:
FrancoisToure said:
I would add Rodwell to that as well.
I hear this a lot and disagree entirely.

Rodwell was paid 2.5m for last seasom in wages and played less than a dozen games. He was injury prone before we bought him and we could have bought this season or next. He's the kind of lad who's sound on his day but his days are few and far between due to his unfortunate injury problems. I'd sooner have signed James McCarthy from Wigan for the same money. Equally as promising but spends more time available than unavailable.

Stevie Dj Beater had similar problems at the same age. Just think of it this way.. he's young enough to improve, he's an English international, if you believe the media baconface like's the look of the lad, he's Prem proven.. compare it to 15 million for Joe Allen or 20 million for Henderson.

But he isn't prem proven because he hasn't featured much at all for us or Everton. The lads a crock. Harsh but true. At least Henderson featured a lot.

I may like the look of him too but fact is he isn't what we needed last season and he's an expensive punt. Have in mind Thiago recently signed for Bayern for only an extra 5m and 40k a week yet he plays more and is more promising.

I just hope Rodwell can keep injuries at bay and feature for us. If he can I expect us to be much stronger a squad with him in it. If not it it looks like we've thrown away another 2.5m.

Rodwell, does have potential, however with his propensity for injuries, I for one doubt that he will fulfill it. With our new management and the boards commitment to the Academy, hopefully we will see some home grown talent beginning to shine!

Reports suggest that Roma will pay around 45-50k in a week for Maicon.

Don't know if city pays the rest or gave him somekind severance package or Maicon just accepted lower wages.

His sub performance v spurs at home proved that he can play, injuries and not being picked maybe did not give a true picture - he certainly changed that game v spurs

Still struggle to comprehend that we were paying a 3rd choice right back who was most certainly past their best 90k a week, assuming that figure is accurate.

Crazy.

Claytop said:
Still struggle to comprehend that we were paying a 3rd choice right back who was most certainly past their best 90k a week, assuming that figure is accurate.

Crazy.

Yep, and the same summer we miss out on Hazard on some agent fees (5-6m) when we spent in fees and wages total of about 15m pounds for Maicon+Sinclair.
(9m in fees and about 6-7m i wages.)

What the hell was Maicons and Sinclairs contribution really last season?

Last summer was really a new huge low in our transfers, probably the worst transfer window for a team that just won the league.

BringBackSwales said:
His sub performance v spurs at home proved that he can play, injuries and not being picked maybe did not give a true picture - he certainly changed that game v spurs

That's true but at the point we signed him, whilst Mancio was trying to say he was still one of the best right backs in the world another Inter fan came on saying that he was a once great player (who he had a lot of affection for) who was now only able to produce 2 or 3 top class performances a season as he hadn't aged well. I'd have settled for letting him go on a free just to get his wages off the books. If we can make a profit on him, it'll be incredible business.

Damanino said:
Claytop said:

Crazy.

Yep, and the same summer we miss out on Hazard on some agent fees (5-6m) when we spent in fees and wages total of about 15m pounds for Maicon+Sinclair.
(9m in fees and about 6-7m i wages.)

What the hell was Maicons and Sinclairs contribution really last season?

Last summer was really a new huge low in our transfers, probably the worst transfer window for a team that just won the league.

And I'm still not sure where the blame actually lies for this.

I suspect it was a case of the board not wanting to give Mancini massive funds again but then trying to keep his appeased by signing 5 players on deadline day.

Gary Neville came out with a good comment at the time that a well run club has plans in place early to get deals done, much like we did this year with Navas and Fernandinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.