Maine Rd terrace characters

Does anybody remember Les Cracknell and the Bamford brothers off Langley,they were tough bstards,i know one of the Bamfords passed away a few years ago,

ray21 said:
Does anybody remember Les Cracknell and the Bamford brothers off Langley,they were tough bstards,i know one of the Bamfords passed away a few years ago,
langley north mcr overspill.,contact daft donald.

Danamy said:
BL2blue said:
yes, that's Egil from Norway, I used to see him at loads of friendlies in Europe. Great bloke. he used to knock about with Alan Potter at those games.

Alan Potter?
Now there's a name i haven't heard for a few years!! lol

Not seen Potter for a while. He is an a**ehole in my opinion. My dad told me he used to drive a minibus to away games with a bottle of cider next to him, in the eighties. I Remember mid nineties going with Denton blues and on one occasion going Everton away, one lad needed a piss. He was let off and Potter just said f**k him and got the coach driver to drive off and left him a mile from the ground. Fat b**tard

tonythecoleman said:
ray21 said:
Langley has always been a big blue area.Alot of the older lads who moved to Langley from Collyhurst etc...still go to the games.Haven't seen Donald knocking about for years but he was certainly a character.

blue monkey said:
tonythecoleman said:
Langley has always been a big blue area.Alot of the older lads who moved to Langley from Collyhurst etc...still go to the games.Haven't seen Donald knocking about for years but he was certainly a character.

I've seen him recently. Three words, X. Ray. Specs.

[quote="m27"

I've seen him recently. Three words, X. Ray. Specs.[/quote]blackburn awa

PMSL ,was next to him blackburn away last year, he was with BIG mickey francis

tonythecoleman said:
Kinkyboots10 said:
I've tried to pm you Tony but I can't?? I'd love to hear some of your memories of him. Its good that he's remembered, thankyou.
ok,april 1980 derby county away.games ended,city are fenced in,derbys nutcases probably 150 of em are on the pitch in the centre circle goading city to come at them,one guy jumps the fence and runs 50 yds into the centre circle and gets thrown about like a rag doll,i will never forget it as long as i live,i was later told this guy was jimmy.if u were there u must remember it,i shall never forget it,thats a maine rd character.
Yes remember this, it would seem surreal nowadays to see that happening, but it was`nt uncommon then, people would do it and then their mates had no choice but to leg it into the away fans to stop him getting killed, then every bugger joined in ! daft but happy days. Our van got smashed up by Derby that day. Also remember Debbie very well, she was a feisty girl but also could be very feminine (though she had hands like a brickie) saw her in a flowery printed dress in town one night, could`nt believe I was talking to the same girl, its a shame how she died, must of had her demons poor love.

Me and my mate Andy used to stand at the top right (looking up from the pitch) of the Kippax and we always stood near to two blokes called Taffy & Eric.

My mate Andy subsequently found out off the Bluewatch forum that apparently and very sadly Eric passed away. Both huge blues and extremely funny men. Only ever saw them at the game, didn't ever speak to them, but just used to cry laughing at the stuff they would shout. Taffy always ended the "Give us a C!" chant with "Give us a quid!"

At some point we moved to the top left near a short bloke with glasses who always screamed abuse at Whitie "Get off White, yer f******g sh*t!" and that was during the warm up. And of course when Whitie would knock one in he'd shout "Give it that lad White, always said he were a good 'un."

And what about Budgie the programme seller? "BUDGIE!!" and he'd shout "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

these threads have been on here before but they still bring back memories. used to travel to a lot of away games with les tate and his brother ian. george mcguire. johnny muir etc. anybody else remember johnny hutch hutchinson. i believe he moved up to cumbria to become a wrester and was paralysed after a bout. how about a guy called steve who was a true scouser. lived near scotland road but was a city fan for some reason. looked just like keith mcrae the city keeper. had some great away days with that lot. coming back from plymouth in err. 74 was it. stopped at taunton at a pub. scrumpy cider. the coach was probably burnt after we got back home. it was a mess. told them that scumpy was deadly. lived in bristol for a few years as a young man. nobody listened. shall we say it was a bit sicky looking after a few miles down the road. kippax debbie was on that one i am sure. norwich away when les tate was hauled off the coach for sexual assault i think. got dismissed when he went to court i think. mad days. going to burnley once when the train slowed right down and loads of city jumped off before it stopped. it was BLACKBURN station or something similar. bet nobody remembers a derby at maine road when united were in our part of the kippax. this young girl ran at them. one of them kicked her in the stomach and she just carried on and twatted him. the look on his face!!! he legged it and so did most of the rags. we all couldn't believe what we saw. then she showed us that she had one of them really big belts on with a metal buckle. didn't feel a thing. we spent the next 10 mins chanting. you ran from a girl you ran from a girl. not gloryfing hooliganism but it was well funny. and it was part of the 70's and 80's. phew what a long boring post. sorry!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.