Maine Rd terrace characters

Saw Peter the Jacket Man outside the front entrance before the Everton game. He seemed to have added a sky blue transistor radio to his ensemble. Absolute legend

In the late 70's, my mate Jim and his brother Steve (aged 19 and 17) were away at Spurs and walking towards the ground with no colours on, shitting themselves as they appeared to be being followed by a small mob......
they spoke quietly to each other that as they turned the next corner, they would leggit. Just before they turned, one of them turned around and Mad Pete was about 4 feet behind them dressed up like a walking souvenir shop!!!
They then slowly turned the corner and breathed a huge sigh of relief as the mob continued behind Mad Pete!

Oh, he always wore steel toe capped boots too, with his 'Man City' ankle socks!

BerksBlue said:
ob said:
Was talking to him at bruce grove station after spuds away this year

So was I! Couple of pissed off Spuds fans on that platform!

Yea mate some taking pics of him,i was just to right of his seat no colours on just making sure they didn't take piss too much,few city fans standing to left drinking cans ,

tonythecoleman said:
most of us will remember some characters from m14,heres just a few,helen and her bell,the francis brothers,brad,scotch mick security at the maine entrance,daft donald,the guy at the front of the kippax in his 70s bomber jacket and bag,still wears it now,kippax debbie,jimmy meagan,the ticket touts,now who have i forgot?
There was a bloke selling hotdogs out side shouting, onions on ya dog r kid .

Not a terrace character as such as they used to sit in the Maine Stand. Two old geezers, in their 70`s, used to sit next to each other and shout encouragement. 1 had a blatant wig. Me and my mate, quite intelligently, nicknamed him, "Wiggy". It was blonde on top and silver around the sides. Wiggy used to shout, "Come on City....keep the pot boiling!" whenever we were on top and looking to break the deadlock. Keep the pot boiling has stuck with me ever since.

Another character I can remember is Mark Bittner (I think that is how you spell it). He used to have a jag with "Kippax" on his number plates. He was fairly vociferous!!

MCC said:
Not a terrace character as such as they used to sit in the Maine Stand. Two old geezers, in their 70`s, used to sit next to each other and shout encouragement. 1 had a blatant wig. Me and my mate, quite intelligently, nicknamed him, "Wiggy". It was blonde on top and silver around the sides. Wiggy used to shout, "Come on City....keep the pot boiling!" whenever we were on top and looking to break the deadlock. Keep the pot boiling has stuck with me ever since.

Another character I can remember is Mark Bittner (I think that is how you spell it). He used to have a jag with "Kippax" on his number plates. He was fairly vociferous!!

If you read back on this thread (or the 'City Firms' thread) Bittner's name crops up a lot. I only really recall him when he was trying to de-throne Dave Wallace and become the Fan on the Board during an election!

BlueMo' said:
cyberblue said:
Known Daffy for years .about 1977 -78 coming back from Derby (i think) City Fans ransacked the buffet compartment every thing went money ,food ,drink ect .Daffy was the only one nicked for can you believe it nicking a sausage roll
I remember coming back from Forest on one of Donalds coaches, Pat Berry etc Fcukin chaos.
All got took to Derby for fingerprinting, they couldn't do fuck all.
Released without charge.

I remember that stopped at little chef and (somebody) nicked money from back a bag of 50p and inside was a wedge of notes. Old bill stopped coaches and we ended up Derby nick ( same day as trouble with rugby players )
We got ground late and went to Trent end and their boys tried getting out to fight but loooked at the lads that were there and fucked off back to watch game.
Coach driver waited till we all got out of police station and we had a good whip round for him... good old days eh

Tuearts right boot said:
Slightly off on a tangent but does anyone remember 'Pathfinder' drove for a coach firm (buggered if I can remember but went most aways with them before I could drive) If I remember, was Roger Palmers dad.
It was always more of a Mystery tour than an away match.Remember going to Notts counties ground then finally Notts Forests.Trouble was,we were actually playing Derby that day.

Pathfinder takes me back. Memories very sketchy but the name Pathfinder has always stuck with me, and the link to Roger Palmer too (from Sale I think). Can't remember specifics but I can verify the name. Mid-seventies I reckon. Was he with Finglands?

ndjsleftnipple said:
Tuearts right boot said:
Slightly off on a tangent but does anyone remember 'Pathfinder' drove for a coach firm (buggered if I can remember but went most aways with them before I could drive) If I remember, was Roger Palmers dad.
It was always more of a Mystery tour than an away match.Remember going to Notts counties ground then finally Notts Forests.Trouble was,we were actually playing Derby that day.

Pathfinder takes me back. Memories very sketchy but the name Pathfinder has always stuck with me, and the link to Roger Palmer too (from Sale I think). Can't remember specifics but I can verify the name. Mid-seventies I reckon. Was he with Finglands?

Yes, Roger was from the Racecourse Estate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.