Maine Rd terrace characters

Eds said:
Re Debs was she the blonde girl who actually moved house to be nearer Maine Rd?? She was always first in the queue for tickets and then she nipped home for flasks of hot drinks. She used to go every game in the 80's and 90's..........If it is her she couldnt have been that old, very sad
Just started reading this thread so apologies if this has already been answered.
No, it's a different Debbie. The one who moved near Maine Road is still with us.

mancyman said:
. how about a guy called steve who was a true scouser. lived near scotland road but was a city fan for some reason. looked just like keith mcrae the city keeper.
There was a Scouser called Steve (generally referred to as Steve the Mickey Mouser) who looked a bit like McRae and stood near the back of the Kippax in the 70s and 80s. I used to go to a lot of away games with him from about 75-79.
He moved down to somewhere near Worcester but all his kids are Blues and the oldest two studied at Manchester Uni so they could get to games. He lived somewhere near Rainhill when I knew him.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:24 pm --<br /><br />
billabong said:
Wilson Pratt. allways pissed.
Wilson and his brothers were on our minibus to the 76 final against Newcastle.

mostonbluemark said:
Hung around with Bulldog and his crew at away games in the 70's & 80's. Never a dull moment, although i didn't think he matched his reputation.
I was a mate of Bulldog right through the 70s, believe me he was a bit of a bluffer but could handle himself when riled......thats when his cotton wool stayed in his ears

Great thread. Only know one or two personally and quite a few by name or face, but 39 years after my first season sat on the Kippax wall, it brings a smile to my face to recollect some of other peoples stories, knowing that i was there, or imagining, for games i didnt get to. still dont like anti vandal grease ( inside the stantions ) or big horses ( except when running back under the Kippax tunnels where they couldnt get you ).

blue underpants said:
mostonbluemark said:
Hung around with Bulldog and his crew at away games in the 70's & 80's. Never a dull moment, although i didn't think he matched his reputation.
I was a mate of Bulldog right through the 70s, believe me he was a bit of a bluffer but could handle himself when riled......thats when his cotton wool stayed in his ears

I'm sure it was Bulldog on the train to Leeds one season when he had a suit on saying he wasn't going to get involved. On the train back his suit was ripped to shreds and he was moaning about 'Fuckin' Leeds bastards'.

He always seemed to lead a group of much younger lads.

blue underpants said:
mostonbluemark said:

I remember the cotton wool and donkey jacket! I was always a bit wary of him on away days but he was fine with us young scallies.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
blue underpants said:
mostonbluemark said:

I'm sure it was Bulldog on the train to Leeds one season when he had a suit on saying he wasn't going to get involved. On the train back his suit was ripped to shreds and he was moaning about 'Fuckin' Leeds bastards'.

It wasnt Bulldog if he had a suit on unless they make trousers to go with a donkey jacket lol
That sounds like Paddy Oneil, older guy gay as anything but a total nutter never to be argued with, hes a homeless tramp in town and will be about 68 now

blue underpants said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
blue underpants said:

It wasnt Bulldog if he had a suit on unless they make trousers to go with a donkey jacket lol
That sounds like Paddy Oneil, older guy gay as anything but a total nutter never to be argued with, hes a homeless tramp in town and will be about 68 now

I know Bulldog habitually wore a donkey jacket which was the reason seeing him in a suit stuck in my mjnd. It probably needs someone else to remember this to confirm if it was him or not.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
blue underpants said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:

I know Bulldog habitually wore a donkey jacket which was the reason seeing him in a suit stuck in my mjnd. It probably needs someone else to remember this to confirm if it was him or not.
Im not doubting you mate, Bulldog was known for doing strange things at matches and if you knew his face it was probably him, would have loved to have seen the fat fucker in a suit.
Remember him once saying he was going on a diet and drank white wine for a couple of games, remember this was the 70s and he had the piss taken royal so he just gave up, great lad not seen him for donkeys years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.