Maine Rd terrace characters

blue underpants said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
blue underpants said:
It wasnt Bulldog if he had a suit on unless they make trousers to go with a donkey jacket lol
That sounds like Paddy Oneil, older guy gay as anything but a total nutter never to be argued with, hes a homeless tramp in town and will be about 68 now

I know Bulldog habitually wore a donkey jacket which was the reason seeing him in a suit stuck in my mjnd. It probably needs someone else to remember this to confirm if it was him or not.
Im not doubting you mate, Bulldog was known for doing strange things at matches and if you knew his face it was probably him, would have loved to have seen the fat fucker in a suit.
Remember him once saying he was going on a diet and drank white wine for a couple of games, remember this was the 70s and he had the piss taken royal so he just gave up, great lad not seen him for donkey jacket years

Amended for accuracy.

uweuweuwe said:
The guy in the jacket and flat cap I think he comes up from london every week, used to talk to him on the way back to town he had a 1970's blue and white radio used to ask him what the score were. He was on the big screen lasthome game just before kick off. wonder if he has upgraded to a digital

Fond memories of asking him if he knew the scores at ipswich away in late 80s. He got his radio out and pressed play having recorded james alexander gordon a few minutes earlier.

My Uncle Joe (Bayley) was ever present near the bottom left column near the Platt Lane end. He was your typical Alf Reed character who would claim that most games were his last. As it happened he was a North Western bus driver who never missed the City home run. He did eventually venture further afield to Cardiff in fact, but he got lost on the way back. Blamed a coal wagon he was following. True Blue my Uncle Joe. Liked a moan, but there's a few of them about.

Doddy said:
Bulldog lives in Portsmouth now
Are you sure thats not ''Hammer'' aka John from Ancoats, he had relatives down there and moved for a good HGV job based in Pompey
If it is Bulldog my apologies

not read the thread but just been telling the kids about a bloke that used to swing a dead chicken round his head .and one match i remember a stuffed pheasant.they dont believe me can anyone shed any light on this chractor ?

mrtwiceaseason said:
not read the thread but just been telling the kids about a bloke that used to swing a dead chicken round his head .and one match i remember a stuffed pheasant.they dont believe me can anyone shed any light on this chractor ?
Vaguely rings a bell but dont know who it was

blue underpants said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
did we not have a i am the chicken man song fpr him or have i dreamt that bit ?

mrtwiceaseason said:
blue underpants said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
did we not have a i am the chicken man song fpr him or have i dreamt that bit ?
Through the fog and mist of time i do seem to recall that, wasnt it in the time before bag searches at the turnstiles and this character brought all kinds of fowl through on to the Kippax in plastic bags, he would whip the chicken/turkey/pheasant out to a great cheer and the song would start, cannot be dead sure though as a lot of drink was taken before the games in them days!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.