Maine Rd terrace characters

mancityvstoke said:
paulchapo said:
onelife said:
always had cotton wool in his ears.

Yes i think he did looking back!!
Are u talking about the 76/77 season it was my first away game without the old man city took their end:-) went on fieldsends coaches from the height.

remember him and about 20 others in the Boothen End at Stokes Victoria ground and running across the pitch back to us in the open end opposite.

Bring back terracing.

the old abbey said:
mancityvstoke said:
paulchapo said:
Yes i think he did looking back!!

remember him and about 20 others in the Boothen End at Stokes Victoria ground and running across the pitch back to us in the open end opposite.

Bring back terracing.

Are u talking about the 76/77 season it was my first away game without the old man city took their end:-) went on fieldsends coaches from the height.

Sounds about right

Hung around with Bulldog and his crew at away games in the 70's & 80's. Never a dull moment, although i didn't think he matched his reputation.

mostonbluemark said:
Hung around with Bulldog and his crew at away games in the 70's & 80's. Never a dull moment, although i didn't think he matched his reputation.

There is a lot of myth,smoke and mirrors surrounding a lot of characters but that's what makes them characters,lol!

A bouncer from Coventry,now a famous author and screenwrighter,Geoff Thompson,[read watch my back] and a few of his other books,great reads,used to get threatened with HIMSELF,lol!!One time it happened he said to the bloke mouthing off,''So this Thompson bloke is a mate of yours then?''The bloke replied,''Yes and you are fucking dead!''

Geoff then says,''Well when you see that Thompson you tell him i said he's a wanker!!''....His doormates were pissing themselves laughing,classic!

erast fandorin said:
Pez died earlier this week,City lad,late 70s/80s from Moston well known of that time
ok mate , looking forward to saturday? always wondered what happened to Pez, did he get into drugs etc, didnt know you knew him. Gamest lad i ever saw at City , fearless he was when it was hard to hold your nerve.

mostonbluemark said:

Yes, West Ham at Euston to him "Where's that fackin Bulldog" his reply "He aint come today mate"
Don't suppose you could blame him though.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:09 pm --<br /><br />
kippax81 said:
JGL07 said:
Longsight-memories said:
Was one called Gingers?? when in London we always met up at Marble Arch..

Used to go to a pub called the Prospect of Whitby strange pub they smashed the glasses on the floor ???? dont ask me why know idea..

The coach was organized for a spell by Ginger (usually called Ginner because there was another Ginger on the bus).

The Prospect of Whitby was the idea of Eddie McMullan (who was an Irish fireman and a top blue). He knew loads of pubs in London. We usually followed his recomendations.

The Prospect of Whitby was (is?) in Wapping (before Murdoch transformed it) and was always rammed and people either dropped their empty glasses on the floor or dumped them into the Thames because it was next to impossible to get back to the bar. The landlord would retieve the glasses in the river at low tide.

They used to sing lewd rugby songs at the Prospect. Wapping High Street was weird. It was all high warehouses and a narrow street with the Prospect the only attraction.

I went back a few years later and the Prospect had been sanitized and was full of German tourists. There were signs up about no rude songs allowed!

Kinnell.

I ran The Prospect for a while.

Was this the same Coach that ran from The Social Club at Midnight ?

ballinio said:
erast fandorin said:
Pez died earlier this week,City lad,late 70s/80s from Moston well known of that time
ok mate , looking forward to saturday? always wondered what happened to Pez, did he get into drugs etc, didnt know you knew him. Gamest lad i ever saw at City , fearless he was when it was hard to hold your nerve.

Yes mate,knew him through mates older brother used to go with PB,Pez,Harry etc last saw him Bradford away mid 90s with his son,always seemed to be first with the latest clothes when i was teenager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.