Maine Rd terrace characters

Seen mark a few times after matches on the tram not so long ago he said he's back living in Manchester now, been to his restaurant a few times in Javea for Costa blanca blues with my Dad when we lived in Benidorm. My Dad also had the Manchester bar in Benidorm, Pete Rogers

My old man who'd be 103 now was a bit of a character at City games.

We all went to the 6th round cup game at Leeds in March 1967. We got split up,we went on to the open end & he decided to go in the Scratching Shed. After Charlton scored there was a punch up with bobbies helmets flying about. Next minute my old man,who was well into his fifties was thrown over the wall and frog marched round the pitch,down the tunnel & ejected. When we got back to the coach he just said "don't tell your mother".

He later explained "that a Yorkie stumbled, my knee automatically jerked up and I found myself stood on him". He hated everything to do with Yorkshire !!! We've pissed ourselves talking about it over the years & till this day my mother who's 90 now still knows nothing about it.

My 1st city away game. Remember that day as my dad told me not to worry as we would soon win the league.

My 1st city away game. Remember that day as my dad told me not to worry as we would soon win the league.

City battered Leeds with a brilliant attacking performance on a pig of a pitch. We lost very late on to a Charlton goal after he'd fouled Harry Dowd at a corner.

That Performance became the template for the next season when we won the league.

Used to love the football specials..always remember the train that got recked at watford..jona you nawty boy..most famous copper...officer dibble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.