Maine Road or Etihad

Maine Road. I miss it. Yes we were shite back then but it was home. Dad took me to my first match in '96 and I'm eternally grateful.

The Etihad is in a different league stadium wise. Many suggest the atmosphere was better at Maine Road and probably correctly. Rather than being the ground being responsible I think it is the type of support that effects the atmosphere. Stick 50k 80s/90s City fans in the Etihad and there would be an atmosphere.

Maine Road of course for some years yet will be where the majority of City fans first watched and on that basis will understandably be the favourite of the two for many.

Etihad an amazing stadium with fine facility's, but Maine Road is a part of me that can never be replaced. Against the Rags, Leeds , Spurs and both sets of scousers the place was a bear pit..Ive been on against Wimbledon and Oxford in the eighties however in the old first division with 17 or 18 thousand on and the place like a morgue. Even in the worst of times it was a very special place with the Beehive, the Parkside and the Sherwood. A little further afield the Whitty the Welcome and the Claremont. The walk back to town getting a pink at the top of Oxford Rd. I went to the vast majority of games from the early seventies until the move to the Etihad and while in awe of the stadium the magic just isn't there, or maybe it's old age . The younger generation of my family don't agree and get fed up listening to my tales of the great days in Moss Side . CTID

Would be the most intimidating ground to visit in the league if we played there now. Imagine a revamped Maine Road with 55-60k fans at home to United or Liverpool. They’d be beaten before kick off.

Heart says Maine Road. Head says the Etihad

The Etihad is a lot closer to my home and closer to town. The pubs round MR were miles better and there's even more these days in the area of Whitworth Park

It would have to be the Maine Road with the old Kippax and Platt Lane though. The new stands were a bit shit to be honest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.