Maine Road or Etihad

I think if you ask the away fans which they’d prefer I can 100% be sure they would prefer our current home.
Maine Rd was a terrifying experience for the away contingent and many I’ve spoken to about it only went the one time.
We are far too welcoming at present.
Much less fear factor now.

I think if you ask the away fans which they’d prefer I can 100% be sure they would prefer our current home.
Maine Rd was a terrifying experience for the away contingent and many I’ve spoken to about it only went the one time.
We are far too welcoming at present.
Much less fear factor now.
All the yobs went when we left Maine Road

Etihad an amazing stadium with fine facility's, but Maine Road is a part of me that can never be replaced. Against the Rags, Leeds , Spurs and both sets of scousers the place was a bear pit..Ive been on against Wimbledon and Oxford in the eighties however in the old first division with 17 or 18 thousand on and the place like a morgue. Even in the worst of times it was a very special place with the Beehive, the Parkside and the Sherwood. A little further afield the Whitty the Welcome and the Claremont. The walk back to town getting a pink at the top of Oxford Rd. I went to the vast majority of games from the early seventies until the move to the Etihad and while in awe of the stadium the magic just isn't there, or maybe it's old age . The younger generation of my family don't agree and get fed up listening to my tales of the great days in Moss Side . CTID
Top post mate

Live in NZ now ... visited the Etihad a few years ago on the tour... was awesome with the grass equipment the situation the set up this is one of the last experiences with my boy.....he passed away at 19 .but... for me all day long Maine road stood at the back of the Gene Kelly stand pissed wet through with Ken Hand , Steve Bond.. the insurance guy from Irlam and the mad dude who traded cheese... give me that time anyday ... I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...... good drunk days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.