Maine Road,

[quote="
Without going into too much detail I fitted those fuckers in. Is it actually from the North Stand or from the Kippax?[/quote]

Sorry mate no idea, why?

I'm almost caught in two minds ...... i was actually born on the land where COMS now stands , back in the late fifties .... so it's like a step back in time for me every time i go to home games.

But Maine Road , and it's surroundings , will always be the true 'home' for me ...... and i think , for City too!

black mamba said:
I'm almost caught in two minds ...... i was actually born on the land where COMS now stands , back in the late fifties .... so it's like a step back in time for me every time i go to home games.

But Maine Road , and it's surroundings , will always be the true 'home' for me ...... and i think , for City too!
Agreed.

M35 Blue said:
[quote="
Without going into too much detail I fitted those fuckers in. Is it actually from the North Stand or from the Kippax?

Sorry mate no idea, why?[/quote]

No just curious that's all.

But the way to tell is to look underneath it.

If the seat is Black but the metalwork inside the seat is Blue its from the Kippax

If the seat is Black and the metal work inside is Black it's from the Northstand.

[/quote]

If the seat is Black but the metalwork inside the seat is Blue its from the Kippax

If the seat is Black and the metal work inside is Black it's from the Northstand.[/quote]

Its all black so must be a North Stand one then! Cheers BL, next time someone asks I can give them a definite answer!!

If the seat is Black and the metal work inside is Black it's from the Northstand.[/quote]

Its all black so must be a North Stand one then! Cheers BL, next time someone asks I can give them a definite answer!![/quote]

If the Ring (oh err Mrs) inside the actual seat (where you park your bum) is Black and not Sky Blue then it is indeed from the Northstand.

If you look closer at the Plastic underneath) you will see the stamp of Hille Seating?

God I'm a geek but the fact is I fitted them all in and my old fella was the MD of Hille Seating.

Anyway glad to be of help dude.

I prefer Eastlands by far but Maine Road was great.

It makes me smile when i see young kids going to Eastlands today and their eyes light up like mine did when i first saw Maine Road.

not been back since ,first game i went to city v carlisle 1965, to many fantastic memories too spoil it by looking at a building site. only wish that we could have the same sort of atmosphere at coms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.