Make this season Claudio Bravo's season

Bravo was utter doggers at times last season. Some shots were right at him and he dived in a way that he moved his body and the ball went through where he was stood upright not a split second before.

No point trying to paper over that. That's why he was dropped, it was shot after shot going through him and into the net.

Doesn't mean he won't get better with us but I'd hope that's just in the League Cup

Fantastic performance. Hope it means we have a top keeper for next season's domestic cups. The criticism he got here was absolutely deserved, needs to prove a lot.

Fantastic performance. Hope it means we have a top keeper for next season's domestic cups. The criticism he got here was absolutely deserved, needs to prove a lot.
The criticism yes. The abuse and derision from non-City fans was not. Hopefully at an end now.

I knew Bravo and Chile won the Copa America for Chile in 2016 through a penalty shoot out. I didn't realise he did the same in 2015 against the same team (Argentina).

He must have some record for saving penalties.

The criticism yes. The abuse and derision from non-City fans was not. Hopefully at an end now.

I knew Bravo and Chile won the Copa America for Chile in 2016 through a penalty shoot out. I didn't realise he did the same in 2015 against the same team (Argentina).

He must have some record for saving penalties.
Derision from opposition fans was deserved though. If the boot was on the other foot and United did the same thing and ended up with a keeper who was incapable of saving shots that were directly at him, we'd piss ourselves. We laughed like fuck at them when Bosnich and Taibi were inbetween the sticks for them and getting rid of Schmeichel at the time wasn't even their choice or fault. If they'd have needlessly replaced him and ended up with dross, we'd have laughed even harder.

I'm happy for Bravo tonight but it doesn't make me any more confident about him playing for us next season.

Derision from opposition fans was deserved though. If the boot was on the other foot and United did the same thing and ended up with a keeper who was incapable of saving shots that were directly at him, we'd piss ourselves. We laughed like fuck at them when Bosnich and Taibi were inbetween the sticks for them and getting rid of Schmeichel at the time wasn't even their choice or fault. If they'd have needlessly replaced him and ended up with dross, we'd have laughed even harder.

I'm happy for Bravo tonight but it doesn't make me any more confident about him playing for us next season.
Why wouldn't it make you fell more confident? He's obviously played very well for Chile, and Barcelona. Why can't he do it for us?

I was more thinking about the comment from pros and the media who never missed an opportunity to put the boot in. I look on other forums and I routinely see him being referred to as a clown.

Why wouldn't it make you fell more confident? He's obviously played very well for Chile, and Barcelona. Why can't he do it for us?

I was more thinking about the comment from pros and the media who never missed an opportunity to put the boot in. I look on other forums and I routinely see him being referred to as a clown.
Because he routinely let in soft goals, made mistakes which lead to goals and didn't offer enough positives to come anywhere close to overcome the negatives. A good confederations cup performance doesn't change that. It means nothing. He was a good keeper at Barcelona.. again that means nothing because he hasn't done it for us.

And this is why he is referred to as a clown by rival fans. Harsh, but we as a collective group probably do the same to opposition players all the time.

Because he routinely let in soft goals, made mistakes which lead to goals and didn't offer enough positives to come anywhere close to overcome the negatives. A good confederations cup performance doesn't change that. It means nothing. He was a good keeper at Barcelona.. again that means nothing because he hasn't done it for us.

And this is why he is referred to as a clown by rival fans. Harsh, but we as a collective group probably do the same to opposition players all the time.
A good player is a good player. There are other issues such as settling in, language, new team mates, confidence, adapting to English game, playing behind a weak defence etc.

Bravo was utter doggers at times last season. Some shots were right at him and he dived in a way that he moved his body and the ball went through where he was stood upright not a split second before.

No point trying to paper over that. That's why he was dropped, it was shot after shot going through him and into the net.

Doesn't mean he won't get better with us but I'd hope that's just in the League Cup
No one is papering over that, but at least we now know why Pep bought him and that he can do the job. I don't care who City play in goal next season, I just want City fans to support their keeper. We could have got behind Bravo a bit more than we did in my opinion because it was obvious from his record that he was a good keeper.

I don't see where the he's still shit comments really come from. Football is football. It just means he needs to settle in. And whatever you think of Bravo's last season it was 10 x better than De Gea's first season. The difference was he wasn't replacing a Utd hero, and he had a friendly media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.