Make this season Claudio Bravo's season

The criticism yes. The abuse and derision from non-City fans was not. Hopefully at an end now.

I knew Bravo and Chile won the Copa America for Chile in 2016 through a penalty shoot out. I didn't realise he did the same in 2015 against the same team (Argentina).

He must have some record for saving penalties.

You have summed the situation up in one sentence.
Let's hope he firstly gets the support next season AND repays that support by playing for us like we know he can.

Because he routinely let in soft goals, made mistakes which lead to goals and didn't offer enough positives to come anywhere close to overcome the negatives. A good confederations cup performance doesn't change that. It means nothing. He was a good keeper at Barcelona.. again that means nothing because he hasn't done it for us.

And this is why he is referred to as a clown by rival fans. Harsh, but we as a collective group probably do the same to opposition players all the time.

You are deflecting the issue - it wasn't opposition fans that mocked him. Be honest - it was OUR fans. They sarcastically clapped & cheered whenever he picked up the ball. It was embarrassing & made him worse.

A good player is a good player. There are other issues such as settling in, language, new team mates, confidence, adapting to English game, playing behind a weak defence etc.
There is but a straight forward save is a straight forward save.

I disagree that a good player is a good player. It's not always true. A technically good player is a technically good player, but football is a lot about systems where in a certain system a player can look world class, but then look fairly average in a completely different system. I think the same applies to keepers.

Bravo looked good in a Barcelona system where he spends more time using his feet than he does using his hands, in a league where goalkeepers aren't really physically tested, playing on pitches that aren't quite as slick and quick, playing in milder conditions. That said, and as I alluded to earlier, that should have no bearing on his ability to keep out straight forward attempts on goal. So until he displays that quality at City, I would be hesitant to give him my vote of confidence.

There is but a straight forward save is a straight forward save.

I disagree that a good player is a good player. It's not always true. A technically good player is a technically good player, but football is a lot about systems where in a certain system a player can look world class, but then look fairly average in a completely different system. I think the same applies to keepers.

Bravo looked good in a Barcelona system where he spends more time using his feet than he does using his hands, in a league where goalkeepers aren't really physically tested, playing on pitches that aren't quite as slick and quick, playing in milder conditions. That said, and as I alluded to earlier, that should have no bearing on his ability to keep out straight forward attempts on goal. So until he displays that quality at City, I would be hesitant to give him my vote of confidence.
Barcelona and Chile keepers don't make saves! I suppose that goes for his other teams as well does it? There's a difference between form and quality. I can not understand why a City fan would be so stubborn about not accepting that a player with Bravo's history is a quality player. Hopefully he'll change your mind - if he gets a chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.