Make this season Claudio Bravo's season

Is he a twin??

spock.jpg

Because he routinely let in soft goals, made mistakes which lead to goals and didn't offer enough positives to come anywhere close to overcome the negatives. A good confederations cup performance doesn't change that. It means nothing. He was a good keeper at Barcelona.. again that means nothing because he hasn't done it for us.

And this is why he is referred to as a clown by rival fans. Harsh, but we as a collective group probably do the same to opposition players all the time.

That is utter bullshit.

That is utter bullshit.
Have you even watched him?
The entire football community,inc his supporters on here,who witnessed last season accept that he was well below par and did indeed let in some soft goals.
We all want him to come back better and stronger for that experience. We simply have to have ALL our players at the top of their game this time round. Transition is over.

Have you even watched him?
The entire football community,inc his supporters on here,who witnessed last season accept that he was well below par and did indeed let in some soft goals.
We all want him to come back better and stronger for that experience. We simply have to have ALL our players at the top of their game this time round. Transition is over.

Fact is that our defenders were equally culpable, or even more so, for most of those goals and yet nobody got on their backs as hard as they did on Claudio's.

He was poor last season but apart from that is proven to be a good goalkeeper with Chile and Barcelona. I think he definitely suffered a crisis of confidence not helped by the negativity he will have got in waves at the Etihad. New start next season and I hope he rises above the gloom and proves himself to be a worthy contestant for our no 1 spot. If Pep had wanted him replaced I think we would have gone in for an English GK by now. God help us if Ederson has a shaky start, I hope we show him a bit more patience than we have Bravo.

Not surprising he played better when his own fans aren't mocking his every touch. Must be a relief for him to get away from us and enjoy his football.

Fact is that our defenders were equally culpable, or even more so, for most of those goals and yet nobody got on their backs as hard as they did on Claudio's.

I understand where you're coming from, but Bravo was useless last season. He made more saves yesterday than he did for us for the whole of last season.

The matter that concerned me last season was Guardiola repeatedly saying he was a world class keeper, when it was blindingly obvious to most he was anything but.

I've said it before, that there is no way on earth Alex Ferguson would have persisted with Bravo for more than one or two games if he had been available to him at united, and I stand by that.

Guardiola was too proud to admit his mistake. He's rectified it now it would seem with our new keeper, but Bravo in goal last season was a huge mistake and when you recall some of the dolly drop shots that passed him by without him even moving to try and stop them, well, yes, blame some of those on the defence, but he should have prevented a lot more goals being scored against us.

He isn't good enough for a team that aspires to be top of the league, and he was our weakest link last season by a country mile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.