Malcolm Allison RIP - Confirmed

Quality post from a Plymouth fan...

Argyle fan in sadness.
RIP Malcomn Allison.
He was a larger than life character famed for his 'fedora' and 'cigars'. I seem to remember he was also involved in getting a Page 3 (Sun) girl in the communal bath with his team. I can still remember the day he left Argyle for Man City.
If you played a game with 11 of the worlds best players against 11 topless models all the press would be pointing cameras at him - not the game.
RIP and thanks for the 'alternate manager approach' - real fresh air.
I hope that Man C / Argyle and Bath (didn't he start there and go back for Tony Book) hold a 1 min celebration this weekend. The last thing Mal would want is a minutes silence. He would be chuffed looking down and seeing thousands wearing a fedora and a big cigar.
RIP and thanks

Matty said:
Unfortunately before my time so I never got to see one of his sides play.

RIP

This. Just reading about his teams was a pleasure.

A sad day. Can't remember the last time a City related death made my day stop like this.

mancmackem said:
As a previous blue said, for a club that supposedly has 'no' history, Malcolm will always be a big part of our history.
The coat, the cigar, the passion, the man. That was Malcolm for me. Unfortunately, he was before my time as well but everything I have ever heard or seen of Malcolm impressed me.
Again, a man before his time. An inventor on the training pitch, and an instigator of footballing dreams.
A few people have mentioned his run to the Kippax when he was Palace manager and wish they were there to see it. Well, this is the best I can do I'm afraid.
6 minutes in...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAbzMloipcY&feature=related[/youtube]
Malcolm, you are part of the club, the fans, the city and the game.
Forevermore,
MM
The best coach we ever had. Rest in peace Big Mal.

Very sad, i don't usually get emotional about people i don't really know but i am today.
R.I.P Malcolm, thanks for everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.