Malcolm Allison RIP - Confirmed

2mphe6p.jpg

Thanks mate, you were a great bloke & true legend.

srad day. I never missed a game in them days and loved Big Mal and Joe for what they did for the club. Great characters who got the team playing with the same swagger! R.I.P

I feel honoured to be old enough and to have attended the 69 Final and many more matches in the Allison/Mercer era.

The big man was blue through and through and should be mourned and respected as one of the all time City greats.

RIP Big Malc!!!!

Big Mal,

You are part of the reason I support City.

Though I never saw the Blues in the flesh during any of your time here, I followed them as passionately as anyone in those days (and still do, of course).

There is no doubt in my mind that you are the greatest football coach who ever lived and you partnership with Sir Joe was as good as any there has ever been.

Your coaching methods and fitness regime were years ahead of their time and you have never received the recognition you deserved because you weren't in charge of one of the so-called 'glamour clubs'.

I only ever saw you once in the flesh, and that was after the Bore-o game during Sven's time. It was obvious that your health was starting to fail, but there was no mistaking who you were. I'm so glad I had that chance to see you and shake your hand.

We have a photo of you shaking hands with Frank, and he looks so proud to have met you.

Rest In Peace, Malcolm. You helped make all City supporters proud and we will never see your like again.

was at work when local radio (n.ireland) mentioned on their news bulletin that malcolm had passed away,big mal you will be missed god bless and R.I.P. I dont know why but i always remember him apart from his skills as a coach,and the trophies he won for the club with joe mercer,was him with his fur coat,hat and trademark cigar,once again R.I.P big mal gone but never ever will be forgotten....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.