Man city sign 18 year old ghanaian Mohammed abu.

being realistic what chance does a youngster have at City?
Unless we have a set-up like Barce ie a B team in-house, wont happen, then i am not convinced of the worth of the system
We have players for every position plus back-up that cannot be replaced by a player with "potential". The academy production-line is not onstream for several years yet, the lads already in the system are in limbo because theres no room at top

bellbuzzer said:
Unless we have a set-up like Barce ie a B team in-house, wont happen, then i am not convinced of the worth of the system
We have players for every position plus back-up that cannot be replaced by a player with "potential". The academy production-line is not onstream for several years yet, the lads already in the system are in limbo because theres no room at top

If they are good enough they will make it.

bellbuzzer said:

We don't need a B team or shouldn't as we're developing relations with many continental sides. Our relationship with Feyenoord has started very well and we basically give them the pick of our reserve/youths now. They have helped develop our best reserve striker into possibly the best 20-year-old striker in Europe and will take Elabdellaoui next who has been playing well for the reserves.

Our other 'friends' include Espanyol, Eintracht Frankfurt, Stromsgodset, NEC (a place in Holland for our less prolific young players), and the new one in Portugal - Gil Vicente. I really hope we can utilise Frankfurt and Vicente well as the Bundesliga and Portuguese leagues are good places for young players to learn. A Premier League club to send players like United had with Sunderland and seem to have again with QPR now would be nice too.

Our problem shouldn't be their development but giving them chances in the first team. There is nothing more Guidetti could really have done to get a chance but because we've stockpiled so many forwards and are going to buy another, there is no door open for him, so he will be back off on loan or possibly even sold. Even Barcelona can find space to try their most promising young players and have a more talented starting 11 than we do. But as said in another thread we are currently more like Real Madrid than Barcelona despite our aspirations to be like Barcelona with our academy. I think the only way to become more like Barcelona is to keep certain positions more 'open', meaning not stockpiling positions. Right now we seem to only have one position really 'open' and that's the wing... so it's a shame we don't have a winger of Guidetti's quality right now as I think he would have a chance of breaking through. If only Weiss was a few levels better...

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
bellbuzzer said:

If they are good enough they will make it.

Just not necessarily at city.

La Liga for Abu, he's joining Rayo Vallecano on a season-long loan. Great move and a big step up for him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/black-stars-midfielder-mohammed-abu-joins-rayo-vallecano-on-loan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/black-sta ... o-on-loan/</a>

Awesome,good test.
-------------------------------------

Ghana midfielder Mohammed Abu has joined Spanish club Rayo Vallecano on a season's-long loan deal, MTNFootball.com can exclusively reveal.

The 20-year-old joins from English Premier League champions Manchester City who own his transfer rights until June 2014.

Abu spent last season on loan at Norwegian top-flight Stromgodset where he hugely impressed.

The move to the Spanish La Liga side is aimed at securing regular first team action for the Right to Dream graduate.

Abu played for Ghana at the 2012 Africa Nations Cup

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.