Man City V Barcelona Pre Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though a very simplistic view, last match was a game of two halves. Aguero had 4 (four) touches, 2 of which resulted in lost balls. The midfield just could not get the ball to him, and because he was on his own, on the few occasions that he got the ball, he would be surrounded by 2 players immediately. 2nd half was much better, because not every ball had to pass through the middle, and there were even some goal scoring opportunities.

These are the facts, and as much as one would be tempted to ask 'are you saying that we should do this or that' - I am not saying anything, that's why we have Pellegrini. So whatever the game plan is, it needs to be radically different from that 1st half, and take some learnings from the 2nd.

hart

zabba
kompany
mangala
clichy

fernando
fernandinho
navas
silva
nasri

aguero

i want us to put the best performance of the season against them and make all of us blues PROUD of them ..also a win here will give us the biggest boost off all and i can see destroy pool at the klanfield 2-1 win FOR THE BOYS IN BLUE C'MON CITYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

jauganaut said:
City 4 - Beach Boys 1. Aguero 2, Nasri 1, Silva 1. Tooth 1. MoM- Nasri.
Nasri to spank Pique, then take Shakira home and give her some deep loving. :-) Simples.

Nasri to smash n dash on and off the field

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic here, but I ca see us getting anything out of this game.

I hope I'm wrong, of course and I know we have the personnel to beat any team. In order to do that, we need to cut the supply of ball to the front three.

With that in mind, I would play:

Hart

Zaba VK Eli Clich

Nando Dinho

Jimmy

Merlin Sam

Kun

We can always bring on Wilf or Edin for one of the Ferns if we need to change it around.

There are bigger forces at work in football. Barca haven't won with this ref - so we will win. They've also made it to 8 straight quarter finals so won't this time. It's our year. We'll beat them in both legs. The players need to show their confidence on the pitch not just talk the talk. They do that then with Yaya back for the 2nd leg you'd fancy us to do it. Mangala to score from a corner!

The key man is Silva, who for all his majestic flair in open Premier League games has tended to hide and play within himself in the big Champions League encounters

We also need to stop conceding possession with blind flicks on the edge of the area. They look great when they come off, but lose the ball cheaply against Barca at your peril.

city saint said:
if we start well the ref will probably step in and fuck us over as in previous years

Lets just hope he isn't one of these that gives them free kicks the instant a City player brushes one of them
and they collapse in a heap screaming like a Hazard.

supercity88 said:
There are bigger forces at work in football. Barca haven't won with this ref - so we will win. They've also made it to 8 straight quarter finals so won't this time. It's our year. We'll beat them in both legs. The players need to show their confidence on the pitch not just talk the talk. They do that then with Yaya back for the 2nd leg you'd fancy us to do it. Mangala to score from a corner!
Nurse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.