Man City V Newcastle Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the last time 'Toon won at City was? Probably when we were sh1t and we ain't now!

Anything other than a home win must be any price with the bookies - that's why you never see a poor one!

I know where my hard-earned is going and it's not on the away win!

Kun Aguero said:
Ok I know its early.

Same team as the derby.4-2 City.

Here are the views off the Newcastle fans.. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?board=2.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?board=2.0</a>
I was enjoying reading that until that dickhead everton fan joined in with the biggest pile of horseshit ever typed.

Left back

Was looking at suggestions for the team line up for Newcastle, and thought to myself who is our best left back.

When you pick a first choice team ignoring fitness, you'd probably get a similar team with most arguments about who plays up front, and who plays left back.

I can't work out who is my favourite left back. Kolarov or Clichy.

Marginally I prefer Kolarov. Clichy is quicker and did a great job on Nani at Old Trafford (he destroyed us in the previous Old Trafford Derby), but I think Kolarov has the edge defensively, and he strikes the ball like a forward. He has a left foot like Petrov's. Power and accuracy. And he's up there with Young in his ability to deliver crosses. Remember that perfect cross for Yaya's winner at QPR? At times he has been our most effective attacker with his over-lapping runs and crosses crucial in opening up defences. I don't think most teams think about him when they prepare their team, and he has been key to us in recent weeks. Clearly Balotelli, Dzeko and Aguero are better forwards, but sometimes when a team has 10 behind the ball you have to go wide to get behind a team. Clichy and Kolarov can both do this.

I think when you are up against a team with a very quick winger, Clichy is the best option othwerwise I'd go for Kolarov. At the moment they are bringing the best out of each other's game.

NUFC_FOREVER said:
Pay no attention to the pesimistic nufc fans, they are the problem with the club and have been for some time.

Pardon me for thinking we can win every match i guess im just a true fan.

And i have a feeling Santon will be playing instead of simpson.

All you city boys shouting how great you are... its gona be a great wake up call on matchday for you guys. And you deserve it.

I heard people saying ''stop ba, stop newcastle'' thats ridiculous...

What about ben arfa? you guys should be worrying about him to be honest as he is looking sharp enough to cut u up real bad.

And if tiote is playing is game over for you clowns, as he is a total beast and i havent seen anyone with better workrate in the prem.

Oh Dear ...

Yes you might be optimistic but there is optimism and then there is being realistic. Are you a good team ? Yes. Have you done well so far this season? Yes. Have you played a team like us AWAY from home this season? No. We haven't lost at home in near enough a year, nobody has walked away from our ground with anything since March. Newcastle are a team that always give their all and are full of spirit and fight, but I would like to see how spirit copes with quality. You have good players all over the park , Ba , Tiote , Cabaye , Gutierrez and so on , but you shouldn't be worrying as to how you are going to 'cut us up' , you should be worried about keeping us from doing it to you. The trick is, to walk away from our ground with anything, it takes a stern defensive performance. Everton came here last season , had 2 shots on goal compared to our 25 and they won the game 2-1. It will be a good game and I am looking forward to seing how good your lot are in the flesh ,but I am fairly pesimistic about our chances now because if Tiote is playing , it immediately means we lose the game :/

Well we have had 19 players on international duty, with Nasri probably out means only Richards and Clichy have had a full rest so I can see both those two starting against the Toon as well as Napoli. Out of the remainder can't see the England lads being too knackered, Lescott played one full 90 mins and Milner two bit parts. Barry played midweek but should be fine, AJ not really used so he should be fit. Kompany at least didn't have a mammoth amount of travelling so I expect defence to be what I would class as first choice. I know Yaya went to SA but not sure how many games he has been involved in, the rest I suppose it is how far they have been Silva in particular and the competiveness of the matches Dzeko, Aguero, Zab.

For me and with one eye on Napoli

Hart
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Barry
Milner
Yaya
Silva
Balotelli
Aguero

I would bring on at some stage NDj, AJ and Dzeko resting Barry, Silva and Balo. If Aguero still feeling groin strain I would play AJ and keep Kun for Napoli game.

I don't care how we play to be honest we just need the points so a scruffy 1-0 win would suit me fine but I can see this being hardest game so far and if they are really up for it we might drop first home points of the season, hope I am wrong. :-)

Rammyblues said:
Well we have had 19 players on international duty, with Nasri probably out means only Richards and Clichy have had a full rest so I can see both those two starting against the Toon as well as Napoli. Out of the remainder can't see the England lads being too knackered, Lescott played one full 90 mins and Milner two bit parts. Barry played midweek but should be fine, AJ not really used so he should be fit. Kompany at least didn't have a mammoth amount of travelling so I expect defence to be what I would class as first choice. I know Yaya went to SA but not sure how many games he has been involved in, the rest I suppose it is how far they have been Silva in particular and the competiveness of the matches Dzeko, Aguero, Zab.

For me and with one eye on Napoli

Hart
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Barry
Milner
Yaya
Silva
Balotelli
Aguero

I would bring on at some stage NDj, AJ and Dzeko resting Barry, Silva and Balo. If Aguero still feeling groin strain I would play AJ and keep Kun for Napoli game.

I don't care how we play to be honest we just need the points so a scruffy 1-0 win would suit me fine but I can see this being hardest game so far and if they are really up for it we might drop first home points of the season, hope I am wrong. :-)

You must be well confident, that's only ten :-)

Re: Come half 7 on Saturday..

dw7 said:
Blue Elmo said:
Newcastle will be a difficult game, they are high on confidence and hold that belief that they won't and will not lose, so it will be tough to break through them. But from what I have seen, they can be suspect at the back and if anybody could score against them and beat them, it would be us. I see it being hard but nobody has come away from our ground with anything since March and nobody has won at our ground since December last year, and you always have to fancy us against anyone with a record like that. The rags and Swansea is a game people think will be a straight forward rag win. I don't see it like that, I see a close game. The rags have been piss poor for a number of games now and Swansea have only conceded once at home and it was an own goal. I fancy Swansea, with the footballing style they have to give the rags a run for their money. Swansea, if you didn't know they had just been promoted, you would think of them to be an established team. They pass and mov, they have no problem keeping the ball and are dangerous across the front line. Liverpool away was a massive result for them , they didn't lose and didn't conceded and really could have won. Could we be 7 points clear ? Possibly , but as long as city win , it doesn't matter what the rags do , we will be top , end of story
lol

they've the best defence in the league they.ve only let in 8 goals what games have you been watching

Only 1 clean sheet in last 6 away games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.