Man City V Newcastle Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Geordies on Saturday.

i think pardew will be looking for a performance like stoke away.

they played well in that game but i thought their passing was a bit hit and miss.

they need to keep possession or merlin will punish them.

Paradew said on the radio this morning that the only teams who have done well against us this season are the ones who have had a go, so that's how he'll send his team out to play

texas pete said:
scowy68 said:
How will they approach the game?

Flat back ten,or have a go hero's?
Park the bus, try and get free kicks, hope for a mistake.

Just park the bus and hope . . full stop.

One team has had a go at us this season and that was qpr and they still lost and that was at their ground with our captain out suspended. If you consider that spurs and the rags had a go at us well we all know what happened there, he wont have a go at us because they havent had a go at anyone so far.

Yeah, I was trying to think which teams had a go at us and did well and the only team I could think of was QPR

No way of knowing what they will do whatever Pardew claims. I'd take what he says with a pinch of salt.

chaddblue said:
Paradew said on the radio this morning that the only teams who have done well against us this season are the ones who have had a go, so that's how he'll send his team out to play

Must be pretty bloody frustrating trying to plan a strategy for playing us at the moment (No arrogance intended!). If you wan't to hammer us we can defend well against play through the middle and play from out wide. If you think having a go is your only chance then we can play on the counter quickly. We can play possession football to wear you down, and we seem to be learning very quickly how to pick apart teams that park the bus.

That said, I think Newcastle will be a very tough test this weekend. A good sight tougher than it's been given credit for thus far, and probably tougher than a lot of games we would expect it from this season. Players returning from all corners of the globe, double internationals, against a side fresh off the break still unbeaten. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 0-0 or 1-1 draw, we have to stop scoring 3-4 goals a match eventually. Newcastle could just be one of those days where we hit the post 3 times, the crossbar twice, have three penalties disallowed and concede from a set piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.